Eumig 710d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 710d

Hi, I've got a Eumig 710d which when loaded with Super 8 film sound/silent doesn't keep the bottom loop and the picture jumps about, Standard 8 is fine and projects fine, has anyone had this issue with theirs and fixed the problem, thanks Mike .

My old 710D started to do this many years ago. I found the problem was a worn (plastic) claw actuating cam. I cleaned , lubed and adjusted it as well as I could and it fixed it for a while but eventually I couldnt adjust it any more and that is how it remains today. Not sure if a new part could be obtained these days. Obviously I cant be sure if this is the problem with your projector though.

I know this model has only one film advance claw instead of the two in other projectors so it doesnt take as much damage to the film sprocket holes for it to lose the bottom loop, even without wear in the cam.
    Last edited by Tim Gillett; October 21, 2023, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I would check that your rear sprocket when set up for Super 8 is not able to be turned by hand. If so, there's your problem.

Comment

Thank you for your replies, I'll have another look at the machine and check the cam, sorry it's taken me a while to respond I'm still negotiating my way around the site.

Comment

Working...
        X