Disney Clock Cleaners 1937

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Clock Cleaners 1937

I seem to remember Clock Cleaners being printed by Derann but but I can’t see it in their catalogues.

The Super8database indicates a separate Derann release.

If they did release it was it the existing edited Disney version or a full length version. A sequence with Mickey is cut from Disney print.

Pretty sure I have a Derann print of Clock Cleaners, bought from the shop in the late ‘90s — so they should be out in the wild somewhere.

I could be misremembering, but I think my copy is a misprint though (reverse printed??). It would have been a £5 “white box special” at the time. So keep an eye out for that!!

Comment

I have this too, a great print on LPP! It is Derann code (M161) in their "Little Mermaid" cover catalogue.

Comment

Thanks for replies. I thought Derann released it. I remember the reverse prints doing the rounds must have been quite a few of them.

Comment

I imagine someone at Rank loaded the neagatige the wrong way round and ran of a series of prints before noticing. It didn't happen as much when they transferred to Lab North.

Comment

Obviously Thru The Mirror was another title affected this way.

Comment

Ha! Very funny!

Brian, as I understand it, the same guy was in charge of printing at Rank who then moved to the northern lab to continue printing Derann's super 8.

So he must have just had a bad Friday afternoon run of Clock Cleaners. There were often quite a few reversed print white box specials over the years!

I have an early WDHM silent / colour Clock Cleaners that has been sound striped and recorded, although it has some edit trims in it.

Comment

I had one of those copies. Larry at LGP striped and recorded silent versions. He had a room full of Disney stock at the last shop he shared with Perrys.

Comment

Yes, Cinderalla's Fairy Godmother was one of LGP's striped / sounded 200ft WDHM silent copies that turned up a lot in the 90's!!!

It was great, except that the sub-titles didn't match the dialogue...happy times!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Young View Post
                    Yes, Cinderalla's Fairy Godmother was one of LGP's striped / sounded 200ft WDHM silent copies that turned up a lot in the 90's!!!

It was great, except that the sub-titles didn't match the dialogue...happy times!
                    Forgot the sub titles. Think Larry did to when he was selling me a copy. Boat Buliders was another title with the odd sub title.

Comment

If I’m honest, back in the early 90s that Cineralla really bugged me as I bought two copies, both labelled with the original Disney SOUND label stuck on, only to discover they were all silent subtitled versions.

I felt ripped off.

Comment

The only Disney titles you could depend on were the ones marked full length sound. The white sound labels were stuck on by Disney and others. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0885.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	90418 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0884.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	90419

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Newell View Post
                          Obviously Thru The Mirror was another title affected this way.
                          Indeed, I have a reversed copy myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post

Indeed, I have a reversed copy myself.
                            It is one of Derann’s best releases. Take it the action goes right to left as opposed to left to right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0887.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	90430 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	90433 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0889.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	90427 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0890.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	90428 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0891.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	90429
                            Attached Files

Comment

Before the Cinderella Derann full length prints, it was still fun to have the sounded 200 footer, I just wish I'd been told about those bloomin' subtitles else I wouldn't have bothered. I suppose they raised an unintentional laugh every time I ran it.

I also have a Donald Duck where he is a plumber. It's a slightly edited silent version with a sound stripe added. However whoever did the original recording made a right mess of it...wow and no attempt at sync. A few years later when the Disney Complete Donald DVDs came out, I re-dubbed it on my Goko. Rather tedious but with great results that saved the print.

Is it true that Disney slightly edited those original 200ft colour silents to deter collectors from doing this very thing; adding sound as it would have made it difficult???

I must have watched Derann's Thru The Mirror at hundred times!

Comment

Working...
                              X