How the heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the heck?

Was given a B&H DCT at the weekend. Ran it and it sounded like a diesel engine. Here's what was being used as the motor belt, I think it's part of an old net curtain track. New belt has been ordered! Nice little machine, has had the 800ft mod and a mono/stereo switch fitted.

I wonder if they used staples to splice films 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

What is the 800ft mod? I thought the DCT was designed for 800ft reels while the DCR and DCM were designed for 600ft reels.

Graham S

Comment

Is was made by Sakyo so will be the same as them. The 600ft models had arms that were big enough for 800ft spools but the chanel the film came out of the back after the last sproket was too long to allow the spool to be fitted. If that is cut back or a section cut out and the final roller part glued back on it can be used for 800ft reels. My second habd Sankyo 301 had this mod when I bought it at a BFCC.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken this particular one has had slightly longer arms fitted? They certainly don't fold flat against the machine.

Comment

It sounds like it may have been modified for 1200ft reels, I remember a write-up in The Reel Image of a Sankyo 800 converted to 1200ft capacity.

Comment

Sounds like we have a winner, Lee! Elmo/Grasso 1200ft reels attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231109_173941502.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	90261

Comment

Working...
              X