What was your first "package" film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first "package" film?

What was the first super 8 or standard 8mm film you saw? My first was "Touchdown Mickey" ( Mickey Mouse, not Mickey McGuire), standard 8mm, on my Dad's Eumig P8. Ahhh ... Memories!

Still have the 1st one I actually bought..THE GREAT CHASE...Std 8 of course... the first view was a headline edition of Dracula... that's where the 'Shorty' began

Comment

Tweety and Silvester Super 8 Cartoon Tweety was Singing in the bath tub and Battling Bantams Castle still have them

Comment

The first film I bought was a 400' Super 8 Color Sound Star Wars Print by Ken Films.

Comment

This could be one for Shorty to identify. Before I ever got my first film, we had an old standard 8mm B&W 200 footer (possibly from Castle or Official Films) that took place in Georgia's Okefenokee swamp. It had something to do with a father & son catching alligators!

Comment

200' Alice in wonderland "The mad hatter's tea party" Standard 8 B/W Sound. I think it came from Portland Films in Shaftesbury avenue.

Comment

My first package film was Northwest Justice, a 60ft Pathescopr 9,5mm short. My first S8 package film was Disney’s The Aristocats in b&w- the quality blew me away and I was hooked.

Comment

Either a 50ft extract from Easy Street of a Keystone Kops extract (150ft).

Comment

Walton Laurel and Hardy 200 footer "No Flies On Us" and still got it

Comment

The second film I ever saw, and in fact owned, is the fairly rare silent standard 8mm film, "Cinderella's Cinders" 1922, I think, and, as a tip of the hat to our own Shortly, I was reunited with this film, due to the generosity of one Shorty!

Comment

Pink Blue Plate and Live Ghost played them to death and still have copies.
                      Last edited by Mike Newell; November 11, 2023, 11:01 AM.

Comment

My first two were 50 foot black and white silents.

Woody Woodpecker in "Fowled Up Falcon" - which many many years later I picked up the 200' colour sound version.

Bear Trouble - A Disney wildlife film. Sadly no sound version was ever released (someone please prove me wrong) but fairly recently picked up the 200' colour silent version.

My first 400'er was Close Encounters of The Third Kind. At last, my screen was being filled with a REAL film in all its splendid colour.... just like the cinema !

Comment

I don’t recall the exact title, but it was a 200’ B&W Standard 8mm Woody Woodpecker film. My early films were all cartoons because I was still a little kid. Once I got into my teens I “graduated” to Super 8mm and got films like The Three Stooges, Star Wars, and some Abbot and Costello films.

Comment

my first was the 400ft sound Ken Films release of Titanic that my mother got me for Christmas in 2001 from a firm in Australia which sold new old stock digests.

Comment

A Speedy Gonzales („Speedy, der Hafenschreck“) cartoon, 17 meters, b/w, mute & „Tarzan and the She-Devil“, 66 meters, b/w, mute.

Comment

Working...
                              X