Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most common print on Super8?

Hi!

What‘s the most common S8-print? In Germany, it‘s most likely Disney‘s „match of the century“:
    http://www.super8rezensionen.de/rezent20.htm
    (The various extracts from Junglebook, The Rescuers and Bambi are also very common - and more common than other Disney extracts or shorts.)
    But is this also true for other countries? E.g. is the NASA-footage as distributed by Columbia more common than Disney in the USA? And what about Charlie Chaplin, Stan&Ollie, Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker and Tom&Jerry? Or is it some „Scandinavian movie“ that was only sold below the desk?

Jörg

That's a tough one, for NZ the Disney 200 footer shorts were the most popular, now as for which title I am struggling to think of one in particular title from the extensive Disney shorts, my guess Jungle Book "I Wan'na Be Like You" would have to be on equal terms to Snow White "The Dwarfs Dilemma"

Click image for larger version  Name:	2004_0301Image0042.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	90669
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2007_0323Image0012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	90670

Comment

From what Ged has said about the sales they lost out on by not signing up to distribute it, I would say in the UK the first 400ft extract from Star Wars (20,000 plus).

Comment

Judging by the ever present availability on ebay, I'd say the Ken Films Star Wars 200ft. I'm including on that the sound silent and black n white varieties of this release. There are between 5 and 10 available on any given day. Part of this was that many super 8 projectors were sold with a free bee of this 200ft digest in the projector box

Comment

Don't forget the Walton T&J's. They're everywhere!

Comment

Based on what comes into my shop for digitizing, the clear winner is the Abbott and Costello 50-footer, "Have Badge Will Chase." It's so common, I wonder if stores included it with a new projector?

Comment

Where do you start with this thread? Theres more common prints than you think. Even the Star Wars feature and Raiders of the lost Ark 400ft version seem to come up on ebay every other week despite the high prices they command. All the above and most of the Disney 200 footers.
              This could be a long thread I think. 🤣🤣

Comment

Ty,

Scott MacGillivray mentions in his book Castle Films - A Hobbyist's Guide that Sears, Roebuck & Co. had a promotion that gave away the headline edition of Have Badge, Will Chase with every purchase of a Bell & Howell home movie kit (projector and camera)

Comment

Working...
                X