The last Bolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last Bolex

I wrote an article about the last Bolex design for a Super 8 Sound model made in Switzerland. If you like to read it: https://www.super8.tv/en/the-last-bolex/

Another new topic is a special design for a smaller Super 8 cartridge and a special camera for this, made by Agfa. You will find the article here: https://www.super8.tv/en/the-little-...om-the-closet/
    Last edited by Juergen Lossau; May 04, 2020, 08:50 AM.

Juergen - I've looked at both and you've certainly unearthed some fascinating material. But please note that both links lead to the Agfa article. I did a search within the site to find the Bolex article.

Comment

The links are both okay now, thanks.

Comment

Great reads Juergen, thanks for posting them. Do you know if Eumig ever have plans for a mag-optical projector with 1200ft reels to compete with the Elmo ST1200 or GS1200?

Comment

No, I don't think so. I know a lot of prototypes they made but nothing like a projector for big reels.

Comment

Very cool article. Too bad this camera never made it to market. The design reminds me a little of my father's early 90s Canon hi8 camcorder

Comment

Very interesting read.

Here is the last Bolex D16. Click image for larger version  Name:	d1666.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	9547
              Digital of course but none the less a Bolex coming to market in 2012 with a 2K sensor and Cinema DNG Raw Codec. I got to use one a few years ago and soon realised the space needed to store images from it. 1 minute if footage used 5GB and it often gave quite a noisy picture in some situations but workable to get the D16 film look. Rendering time was endless and although I enjoyed using it I felt it was a unit designed as a Bolex farewell squarely aimed at retro collectors. Bolex made a Monochrome version and Colour the latter coming in around $4000 +

Comment

Working...
              X