Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eumig Mark S 709 received but with no manual. Which gates and sprockets are which?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone in the middle of restoring an early 50's Bell and Howell Filmosound, I was fascinated by the design of the Eumig 709's amp. The total beater I got from the U.K. won't thread film but it does seem to have a functioning amp. I could turn it up and hear what i thought was a healthy sounding hum. It's very clean.

I like the modular design as well.... Two plugs, three screws and it's out and the amp can be serviced on a bench independently of the projector chassis. Pretty cool. I'm a total sucker for tubes anyway.....I'm calling it the "Longhorn" because that's what it looks like to me.

Can't wait to receive the clean 709 that Shane graciously sold me. I will post reviews as soon as I get it. I have 1600 feet of Reg. 8 post-striped found home movies to view.

Here's the Eumig Longhorn in all it's glory:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Todd Kitchen; November 19, 2023, 12:16 AM.

Comment

The amp in these early Eumig's is so well designed. Like Todd mentioned they are so easy to service. Eumig spared no expense in designing these units. Everything is plug and play on the 700 series, and other early Eumig's. Those reviewing these in the early days were very impressed, and they recieved rave reviews! The tube amp produces a nice warm analog sound not found on later designs. Todd I look forward to your review of the 709 coming your way. I think you will be pleased after running some film! A fully functioning 709 is truly a great machine.

Comment

Just amazing how they packed all that into that little Eumig chassis. Perfectly illustrates what expert engineers there were on Eumig's projector design team.

Comment

Working...
        X