Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most ridiculous listing for an 8mm projector in the history of e-commerce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most ridiculous listing for an 8mm projector in the history of e-commerce...

https://www.chairish.com/product/233...office-display

Eastman Kodak Company Circa 1950s, 8mm Movie Projector. for Home or Office Display.

$1,966

or 4 interest-free payments of $491.50
    Last edited by Todd Kitchen; November 28, 2023, 10:03 PM.

I saw a listing for a movie projector on Ebay with photos. The machine displayed in the photos was a reel to reel tape recorder.

Comment

Wow, that's cheap! Did you buy it?

Comment

I like the „$1,966 34% Off $2,995“ in combination with the „Non operational as sold.“.
        I also like the „Excellent original pristine cosmetics“ in the description in combination with the „CONDITION Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections​“ in the summary.

Comment

What a world we live in. :-)

Comment

Every so often my wife has been at a rummage sale and dropped 20 bucks on a projector like this one. The people behind the tables seemed relieved to see them find a home.

(Every common room in the house has one on display, so she has now stopped!)

Comment

Every so often my wife has been at a rummage sale and dropped 20 bucks on a projector like this one.
              Goodness Steve, she is definitely a keeper. No chance my other half would buy projectors for the home!

Comment

Originally posted by John Armer View Post

Goodness Steve, she is definitely a keeper. No chance my other half would buy projectors for the home!
                LOL, mine either! The only projector I'm allowed to have out on display is the Bolex 18-5. She says it's OK because it's cute, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
                  Wow, that's cheap! Did you buy it?
                  I actually did buy one in October at a Thrift Store for $15. It works, too (kinda slow in forward but reverse is right on the money). It came with the little popup screen for daylight viewing. Kinda looks like a laptop. Here it is projecting a B/W silent movie about deep sea fishing. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4262.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	92029 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4264.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	92030

Comment

I have found that the Kodak Brownies have always been reliable and provided they are kept clean and used sensibly do not damage Film. Those with a variable speed control are quite good for use as digital transfers.😊

Comment

well I tried it again today and it's not working well in forward at all. It melted a few frames.

Comment

Working...
                      X