Sankyo dualux 2000H not very bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankyo dualux 2000H not very bright

Hi I have just fitted a new drive belt to the sankyo 2000H but when I run a film I'm hardly getting and light on the screen .
    I have remove the glass safety shield but it's made no difference.
    I also have a 1000 model with the 50w lamp and its a lot brighter​​.
    any pointers would be great fully received.
    Barry

Might be a fun project to retro-fit it with an LED flood light like this guy did. And you wouldn't have to worry about heat damage to old movies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbLHCRWsMI

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Webb View Post
      Hi I have just fitted a new drive belt to the sankyo 2000H but when I run a film I'm hardly getting and light on the screen .
      I have remove the glass safety shield but it's made no difference.
      I also have a 1000 model with the 50w lamp and its a lot brighter​​.
      any pointers would be great fully received.
      Barry
      Is the halogen bulb aligned properly? Also make sure the safety (black plastic) release door is up when watching film. This safety plate is in the down position when there's no film or when you're not pressing down on the top film loader guide. It's located in the gate area. You can check its functionality by putting the projector in forward with no film loaded. At the same time press the top loader I've circled in the bottom photo. I can't remember but I think you press the top loader lever down first then put the projector in forward. Then look at the blank screen and adjust the bulb, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	film_148_Dualux 2000-H_1512738802008.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	92026

Comment

Hi thank for your reply I have looked at it again today and it's all open so letting light out .
        I'm using a brand new lamp 100w 12v and it looks nice and bright.
        But still very little light on the screen.
        So I thought all it can be is the lamp so I fitted a osram 12v 100w and bingo very bright image so it must be the new batch of lamps I just bought but to look at the output they look as bright as one another but the osram lamp must be more focused at the centre.
        a very strange one.

Comment

barry, your new batch could be disco lamps, not focused.

Comment

Excellent news Barry! I'm glad you got things figured out. I assumed it was something simple. I once had a bulb that wasn't the brightest in the pack, and had to do the same thing. It does happen from time to time.
            Last edited by Shane C. Collins; December 02, 2023, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Once bought some Chinese - made lamps a pack of 5 - at a ridiculously cheap price. Turns out that there's one faulty lamp found. The filament was just off-centered enough to throw most of its light output away from true optical axis - only about one third that eventually reached the screen.

Fortunately the rest of the lot was fine however. Due to its dirt cheap price even with the faulty ones considered I thought it's still quite an acceptable deal however.

Comment

Hi I thought I would add a picture of the lamps I purchased they seem to be the correct ones for cine projectors but not one of them give good light output on the sankyo 1000h and 2000h projectors.

Comment

Lately, I've been buying Phillips brand halogen bulbs (FCR) for my Eumig's. I have yet to find a bad one, and they all seem to be nice and bright!

Comment

Working...
                  X