I found my 8mm cardboard getting damp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found my 8mm cardboard getting damp

Blame it to my tropical country which is the climate is very humid plus hot, where 34 degree celcius for all year around.

I have found that this hot climate have triggered those films printed on acetate got infected by VS. I have binned tens reels with sticky, smelly and dirty due to this VS. Now I only store those (mostly) polyester and probably some acetate which did not show any VS smell.

But now I notice that those cardboard is damp. it is not wet but I can feel there some kind of moisture in there.

Now what will be my best bad luck with them should I store them in normal room temperature which is that hot and humid of tropical country?

Your suggestion pleaee.

In that case I would store them in a ziplock bag with a desiccant gel pack. If you are concerned about color fade then they need to be in a temperature controlled environment 35 degrees or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Trampus View Post
      In that case I would store them in a ziplock bag with a desiccant gel pack. If you are concerned about color fade then they need to be in a temperature controlled environment 35 degrees or lower.
      most of them have faded since 10 years ago, so I am not concerned with it. I am worrying something like VS due to the moisture or film stick together, although they are polyster. Any chance?

Comment

From my understanding, VS is not a problem with polyester. I don’t know about the emulsion sticking to the base. I would have thought that treating the film with film guard may prevent this.

Comment

Working...
        X