• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M100 Super 8mm

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231204_153013.jpg
Views:	6098
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	92318 Yes, I'm a Newbie and don't even have a super 8mm film. But I do have a Kodak M100 with an Extar 28mm 1.0 lens, chain driven, transistorized projector with a DKR lamp. Your past discussions leave me a bit confused. Some consider it a "finicky machine" and others say " The lens is worth more than the machine". Forward and reverse functions work well and the machine is very quiet. Volume control needs cleaning/ replacing. Perhaps I'll pick up a film to further test it before maknig any decisions. Any suggestions?

The M100 is a very nice, professional quality, machine. You could call it Kodak's GS1200! Built to 16mm quality, and notable for its 1000ft spool capacity, 150 watt halogen lamp with high and low settings, and most of all its truly superb f1.0 non-zoom Ektar lens. I had one of these machines a while back, and the only complaint I had was the poor quality sound (at least on my particular machine). The amplifier is a hybrid design - some valves along with transistors. I dumped the projector ( now regretted), but kept that superb lens, which I had machined down to fit my Eumig's. I can say that it truly transforms the picture quality on those machines - needle sharp flat field with stunning contrast. You cannot use this lens on Elmo's because the back focal length is so small, and the Elmo's do not permit you to push the lens in far enough.
    A great projector, undoubtedly Kodak's best ever super 8mm machine, totally different from their later super 8 plastic junk.​

Comment

Correction - takes up to 1200ft spools

Comment

Working...
      X