Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 938D with sound films

Thank you for acceptance -
    As I have been doing films since my teenager years in mid 1990s and I was absent from this game for about 14 years due kids coming along. Now I want to get back into this film game again.

As I have 5 projectors which are (Eumig 610d, Eumig 810d Eumig 910d, Eumig 938d & Hanimex (not sure which model as its tacked away))

I have been given a task to do - I have a set of 9 reels with sound; which I have not done over 15 years now - I used to have Bell Howell 16mm with Sound (regretfully) sold it that I was able to connect direct to the Video Camera - I do not have that particular Camera anymore.

What I was planning on using Eumig 938 with sound output via PoleStar PV-35 PLS Home Studio box which I also have, using Sony a7Rii camera (possible 4k hand held video camera - I haven't decided yet) But the issue I am struggling to work out how. I need to obtain sound from the reel to the camera with minimal editing. I do not have an amp or whatever - my question is; what would the best way from the projector to Stereo (using Stereo input) into the camera?

Any good pointers would be appreciated - thank you
    Cheers

I don't know what kind of audio input that the Sony 7Rii has. A 3.5mm I assume? I have a Panasonic AG-AC 160 that has two XLR Inputs. The way I captured sync sound from my super films was to run them on my LED modified Bell & Howell sound projector and feed the audio from the 3.5 mini jack to a Mini 3.5 male to an XLR male patch cord that I bought at guitar center. I was then able to adjust the line level in on the Panasonic camera. If you are wanting to capture stereo, how about doing 2 passes one set for the right track and one set for the left track. After that just combine both audio tracks in Final Cut or Premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Trampus View Post
      I don't know what kind of audio input that the Sony 7Rii has. A 3.5mm I assume? I have a Panasonic AG-AC 160 that has two XLR Inputs. The way I captured sync sound from my super films was to run them on my LED modified Bell & Howell sound projector and feed the audio from the 3.5 mini jack to a Mini 3.5 male to an XLR male patch cord that I bought at guitar center. I was then able to adjust the line level in on the Panasonic camera. If you are wanting to capture stereo, how about doing 2 passes one set for the right track and one set for the left track. After that just combine both audio tracks in Final Cut or Premiere.
      The Sony A7RII camera does have 3.5mm stereo input.
      Cheers
      Tristan

Comment

Working...
      X