Sankyo Dualux 1000 erratic pickup reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankyo Dualux 1000 erratic pickup reel

I installed a new belt to my Sankyo Dualux 1000 (not H) and when I view a regular 8mm movie, the pickup reel that is activated by a long metal belt is too slow initially, even stopping. Should I lube the plastic gears with lithium grease, or clean the plastic gears, or try to dismantle the pickup gear mechanism to clean it? Suggestions much appreciated!

Does the belt still moves?

Comment

I would clean out the old grease on the pulleys, and gears then re-grease. Also did you clean the belt pulleys before installing the new belt? Old belt residue on the pulleys can cause the belt to slip. The long metal belt can be greased as well.

Comment

Thanks Nantawat and Shane for your suggestions. In response, the rubber belt I installed between the motor and the mechanism moves as designed. There are no belt residue nor grease causing slipping of that belt. Regarding the relatively longer spring-like belt that activates the pickup reel, I will do as suggested (i.e. clean pulleys of old grease, re-apply lithium grease to the pulleys and apply grease to the long metal belt). I will let you know of progress.

Comment

Another (and most likely) cause of the issue would be the slip-clutch inside the takeup pulley. There's a sort of slipping clutch drive inside the pulley to provide just consistent enough torque to drive the taekup reel. My wild guess is that the dried grease inside would cause the inconsistent surface contact - hence the erratic takeup.

Comment

Working...
          X