X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 822

Hi,

I'm new in 8 mm, but it's facinating.

I have an 822, it seems to work, pretty well actually, running smooth, it loads film very well. I even got an instructions for use​ in danish ...
    ... but ... When I want to play, light turns on, the film "runs" as I think it has to, oh boy how am I going to explain ... the projector should freeze the single image and not just let them run past​. I have removed the back plate, everything seems to roll fine​.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Regards Søren

Is the claw intact?

Comment

I thought it was intact.
      Mine is missing the small thin pin. I wonder what its function is? Is it possible to find such a part?

First a picture of mine, then a borrowed picture, maybe showing how it should look.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231230_131421.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	93413

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 13-02-2021 10 48 47.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	93412

Comment

Isn't the holes in the claw supposed to be in line with the light, on mine it's above?

Comment

If the claw pin has snapped, it's time for a new machine. Projectors are plentiful online!

Comment

Hmm ... that's sad ...

Comment

These dual gauge projectors require the claw to be retracted before changing formats. There is a 12 o'clock position to retract the claw, and someone probably forgot to do this, and the claw was snapped off. There's a small round retracting knob at the rear left side of the machine. This turns the mechanism to retract the claw out of the film path when changing gates. You could look online for a replacement 822, and keep this one for parts. A parts machine isn't bad to have around when something breaks.

As you'll read in this thread from 2021, it is possible to replace the pin, but it is a real pain to do so.

​​​​​​https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...-i-just-did-it
              Last edited by Shane C. Collins; December 30, 2023, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I have removed the claw pin ... but I'm not sure that I can, but but ... what could I loose
                Thanks for your help.
                I'll post again to tell a status.

Comment

Originally posted by Søren Brander View Post
                  I have removed the claw pin ... but I'm not sure that I can, but but ... what could I loose
                  Thanks for your help.
                  I'll post again to tell a status.
                  Excellent! I will be following your progress here, and wish you well! If you are successful, be sure to document each step, so it could be of help to someone in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X