Possible power cord for Bolex 18-5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible power cord for Bolex 18-5?

Can a IEC C9 power cord serve to mate with the power connector on a Bolex 18-5 projector? I have some old Roland synth power cords somewhere but I just wondered if they can serve as a suitable power cord for the Bolex projector?

Kenneth, I purchased a brand new power cord for the 18-5 a couple of years ago from Barry Fritz who is a member of this forum. Barry is a collector of 18-5 projectors and has many in his stable. There's a good chance that he may have a spare cable on hand. You can contact him by using the Private Messaging feature at the top of the forum page. Note that you must log into the forum to access this feature.

Comment

Kenneth deGruchy Jr. I have a thread that is posted in the technical topics that shows a plug you can purchase off Amazon that will fit the two prong Bolex 18-5 projectors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240105_184722928.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	93802
      ​​​​​

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=1;t=009448

​​​​​​

Comment

In a pinch you can always cut the end off of any power cable and use alligator clips (insulated and secured with electrical tape) to connect the prongs inside the projector. I do this quite often when testing/troubleshooting older-style projectors with missing cords--the ones that don't use standard, 3-prong "computer" sockets and plugs. Seems to me that sometime in the mid-to-late 70s almost all manufacturers switched from funky two prong power cords to standard 3-prong. I wouldn't use the alligator clip method outside the test bench however.

Comment

Working...
        X