Model P-90 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model P-90 question

I'm totally new to these projectors. My wife found two of them and wanted me to see if I could get one working. After a little learning I was about to get them both working. She has some reels that are newer and have a different spacing on the film. Is it possible to remove the current "feeders" and put in other ones? See my picture. I don't know what they are really called. Sorry I know so little.

It sounds like you are referring to the sprockets. Your projector is designed for Standard 8 film, also known as Regular 8. If your wife's film has different sprocket holes then these films might be Super 8. Super 8 came out in 1965 as a new format to replace Standard 8. Both are the same width, but the picture size and sprockets are spaced differently. A Super 8 film will not work on a Standard 8 projector, and vice versa. If her films are in fact Super 8, and you want to watch them you will need a good quality Super 8 projector. I'm including a photo below to show you the 2 different formats, and how you can tell the difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	main-qimg-67fc16d739aafe6c7cba25cf5ab113ff-lq.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	93461

Comment

Working...
    X