Super 8 WTF!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8 WTF!?!

OK, most folks know that WTF means "what the f**k". What I am looking for are what super 8 have you run across, that you had absolutely no idea existed on Super 8? OK, I will begin. I happen to have a copy of "PM Magazine" starring Elizabeth Hartman. This is from 1981. PM Magazine was a network talk show that talked about trends. This news report was on the Mary Kay phenomena. It is 200ft with perfect color. This was apparently taken from a video source, with the complete PM Magazine 30 second intro. It was placed on super 8 as a Marketing tool to sell Mary Kay. So, what is your great unknown anomoly on super 8?

How unusual Osi! That is definitely a rare and unique film in Super 8.
    I have 2 that I couldn’t believe would ever be on Super 8 and 8mm. The first is Super 8 I found on eBay sold as Monster Bash. Very little description. I took a chance and won it with the opening bid. Turned out to be various TV commercials featuring Monster characters and themes. Mainly Frankenstein but also Dracula, King Kong, Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde and Boris Karloff hawking A-1 Steak Sauce and of course The Monster Cereals. A wonderful collection of nostalgia.
    The second is an 8mm sound print of Boris Karloff as Mother Muffin in The Girl From Uncle with Stephanie Powers, Robert Vaughn and Leo G Carrol in The Mother Muffin Affair. Devoid of the show opening starting with the episode titles. Color is still very good. It was my favorite episode of that series and I feel very lucky to have bought it.

Comment

my super 8 feature print of Russ Meyer's VIXEN

Comment

That's an awesome find, Jim. I remember that one having been mentioned before, but it's been a long time!

Comment

I had no idea any of those were out on Super 8. My big surprise was finding a feature print of Godzilla Contra Los Monstruos, a Spanish print of Godzilla vs. The Thing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GCLM .jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.9 KB ID:	94202

Comment

I have the full feature of Emanuelle this movie is of course, history, making in terms of the subject matter. What ironic about this movie when originally released it was triple X, but by today standards, it would be rated R

Comment

Working...
            X