Chinon Sound 8000 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinon Sound 8000 Problem

Every time a splice passes through the film gate, the image starts jumping. When I stop and start again, it's fine until the next splice then the problem repeats. All splices are good and the same film runs well on other projectors. Any advice?

Some projectors are more sensitive to splices than others. What type of splices are on the film you mention... Tape, PressTape, or cement? The projector is losing the loop at the splice and that's why you have to start and stop it again.

Comment

Some are presstapes and some are Ciro guillotine-type tape splices. This reel used to run well on this machine but now this reel, as well as others, do not. Yet they all run well on other machines.

Comment

I've had this issue with a splicy film and a particular projector. I ended up redoing the splices and used only the Ciro tape. I also used a plastic burnisher to make sure the splices were as flat to the film as possible and that all the holes were fully formed and in alignment I eventually got it to play fine in the fussy projector. However it is possible that there is an issue with the loop restorer. I'm not familiar with the Chinon 8000 but maybe there is a way to make adjustments.

Comment

Working...
        X