Top selling Blackhawk titles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top selling Blackhawk titles?

I wonder as to what was the top seller for Blackhawk Films. I would have to think that "Sons of the Desert" would have to be one of them. It seems like every other week or so, there is one up for auction

Based on availability. I would say Sons of the Desert and Way Out West. In terms of shorts Hog Wild, Going Bye Bye and Two Tars.

Comment

I would think that The Music box would be high on the list of best sellers. I am particularly fond of County Hospital, the first L&H film I bought (a 50 foot digest print).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post
        I would think that The Music box would be high on the list of best sellers. I am particularly fond of County Hospital, the first L&H film I bought (a 50 foot digest print).
        I would agree about Music Box That’s one I have seen on two reels by Blackhawk in a double box. County Hospital is superb for the 1st half but let down by the back projection at the end. Do you know County Hospital, Them Thar Hills and Tit for Tat were issued as a feature in Europe. Would be interesting to see in that format especially if there was some kind of extra linking footage. Billy Gilbert plays a doctor in County Hospital and Them Thar Hills. Tit for Tat had Charley Hall and wife as recurring characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Newell View Post

I would agree about Music Box That’s one I have seen on two reels by Blackhawk in a double box. County Hospital is superb for the 1st half but let down by the back projection at the end. Do you know County Hospital, Them Thar Hills and Tit for Tat were issued as a feature in Europe. Would be interesting to see in that format especially if there was some kind of extra linking footage. Billy Gilbert plays a doctor in County Hospital and Them Thar Hills. Tit for Tat had Charley Hall and wife as recurring characters.
          I agree that the later half of County Hospital is not very good. Luckily, that was not part of the 3 minute digest print I bought. Sometimes, digests are better than the originals.

Comment

The topic was best-selling items from Blackhawk, didn't know The Boys were particularly cited...I can go from brisk sales in the 60s, when those half-price films ; Double Whoopee, Your Darn Tootin', That's My Wife, Big Business and the proverbial Two Tars, were all sweeping the mailboxes of collectors everywhere..Talkies most in demand, of course The Music Box, Helpmates, Perfect Day, Chickens Come Home and Scram... sometimes it all depends on consumer influx, coupled with periodic screenings on TV (thanks in part to Chuck McCann and WOR-TV, WPIX-TV and WNEW-TV)...Could ramble on about all.this, but have films to clean... Fraternally, Shorty

Comment

Working...
            X