Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding a roll of film.

Hello everybody!

I have recently found a roll of film that looks like 8mm but I can’t identify it!
    it has no holes in the actual film or anything, unused as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3895.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	95941
    can anyone help me identify this?
    or correct me if I’m totally wrong in everything about it haha ☺️

Based on the photo of this box it looks to be reel to reel audio tape. You would need a open reel machine to play it. Below (first photo) shows a reel to reel tape. They are usually of the brown oxide color. Below that is 8mm film with the perforations visible. For film a movie projector is required to view the contents. Hope this information helps.

Name:	A-quarter-inch-001-crop-1000.webp
Views:	143
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	95956

Name:	The+Differences+Between+8mm+Film+and+Super+8mm+Film.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	95955

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post
      Based on the photo of this box it looks to be reel to reel audio tape. You would need a open reel machine to play it. Below (first photo) shows a reel to reel tape. They are usually of the brown oxide color. Below that is 8mm film with the perforations visible. For film a movie projector is required to view the contents. Hope this information helps.

Name:	A-quarter-inch-001-crop-1000.webp
Views:	143
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	95956

Name:	The+Differences+Between+8mm+Film+and+Super+8mm+Film.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	95955
      That helped a lot!! Thank you so much!

Comment

Yes IS a reel of 1/4" reel to reel recording tape.. as Shane says you need a reel to reel machine to be able to use it.

The giveaway is the size shown being 7" and 540M/1800ft along with the run times of the three listed Speeds (4.75cm/sek, 180min, 9.5cm/sek and 19cm/sek)

Comment

That reminded me of a 16mm projector advertised on ebay as a tape machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Broadfield View Post
            That reminded me of a 16mm projector advertised on ebay as a tape machine.
            Yeah I see this sort of stuff on eBay all the time. The misinformed, or those that simply can't use Google to verify what they have will sell anything.

Comment

Working...
            X