Keystone K-109 Pilot Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone K-109 Pilot Light

Does anyone know the type and wattage of the Keystone K-109 Pilot Light? The user manual makes no mention of it. Thank you

There is no stamp on the bulb or the bulb socket either

Comment

Hi Joe! I don't have a K109 anymore but I do have a 16 mm K161. It also has one of those little pilot lamps. If yours is like mine it just screws into the socket. I just used a small Christmas tree light. You could also use a night light however the Christmas tree light seemed a little brighter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240229_221402745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	97054 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240229_222753764.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.7 KB ID:	97055 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240229_222818904.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	97056

Comment

Thank you Janice. That's what I was thinking as it looks like a Christmas bulb from the 70's.

Comment

Hello Janice and Joe!

Joe, I saw your post about the pilot light in your K-109 burning out. The pilot light in my K-109
          had just burned out also. Then Janice, I saw your fix for replacing the burned-out bulb. Well, that sounded easy.

I unscrewed the bad bulb, and I could just make out on the top of the bulb '10 watts'. But, I
          remembered that this bulb turns on when you plug the projector in and stays on until you unplug
          it (the metal cover does get warm to hot). So, I wondered what the voltage was for the bulb, as one
          could be going through a lot of bulbs over time. I took a reading from the socket.

The bulb is 10 watts, 120 volts with a E12 screw in base.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2995.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	97176​​​​​

E12 is a designation used for a type of lamp base used on a light bulb. E for Edison.
          The two digits after the letter "E" indicates the diameter of the screw base,
          in millimeters - 12 millimeters, or approximately half an inch.

As for the shape of the bulb you should take the spent bulb with you to match the size. It
          could be a night light bulb, or a candelabra type bulb, or like an old Christmas Tree bulb.
          ​​​​​

I had no older Christmas bulbs like that, so off to the hardware store.
          Well, they had no tungsten bulbs that were at 10 watts.
          We looked at Christmas bulbs, but the highest wattage was 7 watts

and it was either red or green.

What we found next was and LED bulb that was 120 volts, 15 watts and it was a size that would fit.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2998.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	97175
          ​​​​​

​​

Janice, did you ever get my reply to you after you had sent me a copy of the K-109 operating manual?

Comment

Charlie Peich Yes I got your PM. Your k109 looks very nice and it sure has a lot more oil receptacles than the one I used to have. Thanks for the tip on the LED bulb. I've used some of those bulbs in the past. If you can find the right voltage they make a great replacement.
            Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 05, 2024, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Yes thank you for the note Charlie.

Comment

Working...
              X