Ultra 8 site updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 8 site updated

Just a quick word to let you all know of a new update on our website www.ultra8.es

Ruben

Ruben,

Your new release of The 80s: 35mm Classic Music Videos is an inspired idea, considering these were shot on 35mm and your negative is sourced from 35mm.

Everyone: Make sure you scroll down all the way.

Comment

Thanks Doug,

Yes the three ones selected are shot and finished on 35mm. We’ve been very lucky, specially with “Take on me”, and all of them look and sound terrific. The A-Ha one has been quite difficult to locate, most 35mm prints were battered down and the one we got has not a single splice!.
      And, yes, it is not a bad idea to scroll down the site 😉

Regards!

Ruben
      Ultra 8

Comment

I can't see the description of the "music video" release. It's way too small for me to make out on my cell phone. What are the three songs/ bands on the reel? Clever idea for a release
        ​​​​​​

Comment

For Osi:
          Attached Files

Comment

A great new release from Ultra 8 Alice in Wonderland. I could never understand why Derann never released this or Fantasia either both classics, but released the inferior Pocahontas and Huntchback of Notre Dame. A great choice. Congratulations.

Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Ruben
              Ultra 8

Comment

Phil,
                Ged has said before Derann wanted to release Fantasia but Disney didn't want to allow it and wouldn't talk about it at meetings.

Comment

Thanx Ruben!

Comment

Thanks to you, Osi. Joerg was very fast in providing details of the 3 music videos. If you need any further info don’t hesitate to contact me.

Have a nice day,

Ruben
                    Ultra 8
                    Last edited by Ruben Torrejon; March 03, 2024, 09:38 AM.

Comment

In my own humble opinion "Take on Me" by A-ha is the best music video ever created!

Comment

So wow.
                        it's getting better and better.
                        When do we get more details about Alice?

Comment

Hello Matthieu,

Our priority is to release the 4 first titles and then concentrate on Alice. We’re trying too to make it an affordable release. Expect more details in a few months.

Regards

Ruben
                          Ultra 8

Comment

This music video reel will be a really good test for stereo super 8 sound, as the sound stripe can be highly variable in quality, even on a short 200ft reel. However, as Paul Adsett has stated, really good stereo sound is highly possible, given a great stereo sound stripe and, of course, top notch recording equipment.

Comment

No doubt all 3 music videos will be a very good test for Super 8 magnetic stereo quality because all of them sound absolutely terrific with great definition and dynamics. Not related to the music videos compilation itself, I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat (included in the Cineavision cartoon Double Bill) sounds truly awesome and it is Dolby Stereo SR encoded.

Ruben
                              Ultra 8

Comment

Working...
                              X