A "Gold" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Gold" question

I was watching the re-mastered Blu-Ray of this 1974 action movie starring Roger Moore & Susanah York, and I was wondering if anyone had the F/L print Iver Film Services advertised in the late 1970's, I've had the well edited Scope 2x400' many times, but in all my years as a dealer, I've never seen a F/L print, is it like the Marketing Films F/L "True Grit" which never seems to have materialised although widely advertised.

I've never seen it, but I have the minute long TV trailer!

Comment

Barry, I have never seen the full length ‘Gold’ but remember the reviews for the 2 x 400 Iver scope version, which stated that the picture was so over scanned that in some scenes Roger Moore loses the top of his head and Bradford Dillman loses his completely! I seem to recall ‘True Grit’ feature coming up for sale at a Derann auction. Additionally, ‘Once Upon A Time in the West’ came up, full length on 8 x 400’ reels for £80 which I wish I had bought at the time.

Comment

I think the reviewer of "Gold" 2x400ft actually said it was the worst overscanning by a lab that he had ever seen. I bought it second hand.

Comment

Remember seeing the 2x400 version of Gold. It was as bad as the review indicated. Despite being a digest it did seem to go on forever. (Tycoon John Wayne 2x400 gave me similar feelings) Theme song was the best part. I’ll stick with my free promo DVD. Least you can fast forward the boring bits LOL

Comment

Lots of dark scenes in the mine where you could hardly see what was going on (especially if you wanted a large, scope picture) didn't help it's watchability.

Comment

Working...
            X