Shout at the Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shout at the Devil

I didn't want to piggy back on someone else's post, so, has anyone ever ran into a full scope feature of this title? I seem to remember reading that this was an Ivers "library" title only, but some may have made they're way into collectors hands. The 2X400ft digest comes up occasionally, and some have had pretty good color to them

From previous threads and memory. 2x400 scope and abridged flat feature but I believe there were some abridged scope features about. No full length versions.

Comment

The Iver Films 5 x 400ft abridged print was FLAT only, the 2 x 400ft double album was SCOPE only, however the extra long theatrical trailer released by Iver was released in both FLAT (letterboxed) and SCOPE versions.

The optical sound Airline print was the shorter version edited for USA cinemas by AIP and also censored for violence.

Comment

It’s a strange mix of comedy and violence. The original director cut was over 3 hours before it was cut by 50 minutes to 147 minutes for UK and 128 minutes for US cinema releases. I would imagine the any optical release would be less than 100 minutes which would be along the same length as the abridged Iver super 8 version.

Comment

I used to have the optical feature, and it was a full 2 hours. Unfortunately, it had faded a good deal, but I miss it, it was a fun ride.

Comment

Working...
          X