Max Fleischer Super 8 Supermans ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Fleischer Super 8 Supermans ...

I recently bought a Max Fleischer Superman cartoon, "Mechanical Monsters". It is a Niles film print and it's as good as a Niles color film print can be. Good color, OK blacks ...but GAWD! The print is so dupey that it's either to washed out, or it's so black that literally every detail is completely gone. My question is, did any other super 8 film company release the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons on Super 8, and what is they're quality like?

Red Fox Films sold prints of "Volcano". I ordered one when it was first released as the description in their flyer said they had found some excellent preprint material. It definitely was a quality print with excellent color and focus but unfortunately on my print about halfway through the sound went out of sync. Somewhere in storage I still have it as I never bothered to return it for a replacement as I used the Paramount end logo on another print.

Comment

I have Volcano as well, yes, that's a good print. I'm sure mine staysin sybc.

Comment

Did Red Fox do the whole series?

Comment

No they did not. Based on their catalog description they only released "Volcano" because they found a excellent preprint.

Comment

Dang! That's one of the lesser ones (in my opinion only). I hope that the first two, were released by other companies. Did Derann release any?

Comment

I just checked my copy of Volcano and it is in a Canterbury Films box, but as I bought it second hand it may not be the original one as the title is handwritten. If it is original perhaps Canterbury released more.

Comment

I purchased a beautiful LPP print of THE BILLION DOLLAR LIMITED from Red Fox from one of their last film catalogues before they went all video.

Comment

Mike, did you happen to see what other Superman titles they perchance had, AND, what year was this?

Comment

Mike's post led me to look at Red Fox's 1984-85 catalog. It had this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	RedFoxSuperman1984 - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	396.6 KB ID:	99363

Red Fox also sold films from other distributors, so I'm not sure if these were all on LPP as Mike's purchase was.

Comment

If not LPP, it is possible that they would have been either Kodak SP, or even possibly Agfa, as a few of his features I have found on that film stock. Doug may we'll be right on that one. These could be Niles prints, bought off of Niles after they went out of business, being that Doug's catalog comes from late 84, early 85.
                      Last edited by Osi Osgood; April 15, 2024, 05:25 PM.

Comment

My print of Volcano, on examination, does have Canterbury films on the leader and is on EK432 and going pink!!

Comment

The plot sickens ... I mean, thickens! Are Red Foxes 84 to 85 Superman titles Canterbury or Niles ...or both? I believe that the guy who once ran Red Fox Films is still alive, but I've never been able to contact him. He never answered phone calls. Maybe someone who knows him, can ask him?

Comment

Working...
                          X