Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadway Handicap - The Home Movie Horse Racing Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadway Handicap - The Home Movie Horse Racing Game!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Broadway Handicap -7 - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.9 KB ID:	99307

I hadn't taken this Official Films release out of the closet o' film for years.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Broadway Handicap - - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	560.8 KB ID:	99308

Click image for larger version  Name:	Broadway Handicap - - 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.6 KB ID:	99310

Click image for larger version  Name:	Broadway Handicap - - 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.9 KB ID:	99311

Click image for larger version  Name:	Broadway Handicap - - 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	99309

Click image for larger version  Name:	Broadway Handicap - - 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	316.9 KB ID:	99312

Does anyone know of any other games involving projectors that were put out?

Wow! I didn’t know that anything like this existed/exists!

Comment

I wonder if someone would transfer that to video cassette

(V)ideo (H)orse (S)h&t

perhaps?

Sorry Doug, I couldn't resist......

Comes from a private joke with one of my best friends concerning the war between super beta and VHS and extended play being the worst that it could of the format that eventually won the battle

Comment

I remember something very similar to this on 16mm years ago. My family was at a very large camping convention and they used the horse races as an activity to keep the kids occupied.

(I found the projector much more interesting than the horses!)

Another time I remember they showed a John Wayne Western (Don't ask me!: I was maybe 11 or 12). I was really impressed at the way the scenery looked on screen.

Comment

derann made Super 8 Horse Racing Films 200 Feet

Comment

Would still be a nice game, until you have done that a few times and the projector left marks on the film.

Comment

Sounds like a great item for CineSea, with players actually putting down a small bet of a few $ !

Comment

Paul,

Then it might look like this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sting.png
Views:	133
Size:	994.3 KB
ID:	99360

Comment

Blue Note to win, $500,000. Now roll the projector!

Comment

I think we need to find more of those exercise films.

(-I mean: -with all that food...!)

Comment

I wonder if you could buy additional racing films for that game back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Nicielnik View Post
                        derann made Super 8 Horse Racing Films 200 Feet
                        Yes and I own two of them (I don't know how many they released, maybe just those two ones) but there no (as far as I know) accessories like tickets provided with the films.

Comment

I seem to remember Derann selling off some 16mm horse racing prints that they used to hire (or add to film shows they did for events) out when the hires (not the prints) faded out.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu van der Sluis View Post
                            Would still be a nice game, until you have done that a few times and the projector left marks on the film.
                            Better than cleaning up after the horses!

Comment

Working...
                            X