Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo GS or ST Stereo by Bluetooth

Have anyone tried this out?
    There is a seller on eBay who made a combination-set of the needed cables and a Bluetooth transmitter, to send the stereo sound with bluetooth to your soundsystem, soundbar, or bluetooth speaker.

A differend set for the GS1200 and the ST1200.
    https://www.ebay.nl/itm/355428698581...mis&media=COPY

It now has a lipsync of around 40ms.
    Is it enough?
    Or still frustrating to watch?

it can be collected a bit cheaper, but it is nice the guy sorted it all out for you.
    Attached Files

I see there are many who viewed this, but for most, this is probably new.
    i think for me, it can be handy in my cinema, where I use an Sony Atmos Soundbar that has no analoge inputs.
    so I can send the audio to the front by Bluetooth.
    My concern is the 40Ms (Milli Second) lypsync delay.
    Will that be too much?

In my livingroom I can plug the cables into my receiver, but the projector is much closer to the screen, which gives me a smaller picture.

Comment

Hi!

TVs are „cheating“ when transmitting audio via Bluetooth: they calculate the latency and then delay the video to properly match the audio. You cannot do this with film (unless you are moving the soundhead or using double system sound,e.g. sepmag, that gets started earlier).

In order to achieve this delay of only 40ms, both the sender and the receiver have to fully support Bluetooth 5.0 (or newer) with "aptx LL" (LL = low latency). When there’s any problem/incompatibility, then there’s the chance that the delay increases to 150ms.

At 24fps, one frame equals (1/24)s≈42ms. In other words, the sound will be played back one frame too late. This might be okay for commercial prints, but it will increase any errors you have done in your home movies.

I haven’t tried it myself.

Comment

That's a good point and I did check that.
        The Sony ST5000 uses BT4.1

I also checked it on my JBL Charge 5 speakers, which can work in stereo by using two units and those have BT5.1. Only using it in stereo, the first left speaker must send the right sound to the second speaker and that also give delay.

Comment

Working...
        X