• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Click image for larger version

Name:	ijtd1.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	11967 There is much story surrounding this print and it's producer. Jörg Harnischmacher of Germany had released Raiders as well, plus may others. This one is not done justice with mere smartphone captures but they are included nonetheless. the Print is Poly Mag dual striped and the stripes were in very nice shape to handle an English Dolby Digital re-record. The color is well saturated throughout and the print is sharp. This is also not best represented here but I make due with what I have. The opening credits abound with " Anything Goes" and are fantastic! Though this is not the top Indiana Jones film entry it is entertaining and has some quite action packed scenes. The roller coaster ride comes of magnificent! the scenes in the Temple are saturated in Red While Indy is under his spell and this come off well in the Super 8 version. The scenes on the plane, the suspension bridge and cliff face all present well in this Anamorphic presentation. This one is quite scarce in this gauge. But I can only say this: Quite Simply, A Wonderful print!

Name:	IJTD2.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	11968
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Burton Sundquist; June 17, 2020, 12:34 AM.

Looks great Burton, I had it on 16mm which was a nice print too, these Indiana Jones films are very entertaining , nice in anyone's collection, Mark

Comment

Really nice Burton. One day we may see that promised 600ft of Raiders on S8.
      When I was into 35mm we did have 2000ft of TOD used to enjoy running it on the Kinoton FP20 all 20 minutes of it.

Comment

Name:	TOD1.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	12038Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD2.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	12039 ...More Shots from the print,,,

Name:	TOD3.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	12040Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD4.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	12041Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD5.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	12042Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD6.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	12043Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD7.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	12044Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD8.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	12045Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD8.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	12046Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD9.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	12047Click image for larger version

Name:	TOD10.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	12048 I need a better camera...

Comment

Thanks Mark and Lee for your replies. I forgot to mention that the print arrived as originally produced on 6X400' spools. There were no original heads or tails ( feet ), just generic leaders as it had undoubtedly been mounted on
          larger capacity spools as I have done again.
          . Having acquired the first film in the series 2 years ago ( also a Harnischmacher produced print ), and knowing that I can order the Last Crusade from Steve Osborne ,the missing link in my collection of the Original Indy Trilogy was Temple of Doom. How It became a reality is for another thread...

Comment

Nice review and screenshots of a VERY rare feature!!

Comment

Burton,

Thank you for the great review. I have Raiders & Last Crusade however as Joe said, you've got the rare one!

Doug

Comment

I have Raiders & Last Crusade too on Super 8. Raiders is from Harnischmacher too. It is a good Print, but sometimes you have to turn the Frame up and down between the reel Changing. From Temple of Doom I have a nice 35mm Print. What do you think? Will this Indiana Jones Features rises up to the Prices of Star Wars soon?

Comment

Thanks Doug and Thomas. I was hoping that either one of you gentleman could briefly describe the Last Crusade print? Are the opening/closing credits in German? Is the Master source print one of good quality? And was it a 6X400' or 7X400' release? Either way it is on my 2020 WTB list which has seen far less activity under the current circumstances.
                  Stay Calm, Be kind, and Stay safe.

Comment

Burton,

My print came on 7x600' reels, however it is on acetate stock which is thicker than polyester. I would assume the new prints are on polyester. The print is very good, but keep in mind that I bought this title 12 years ago, so it would be nice to hear from someone who ordered a new print more recently. You can always ask Steve, since he will give you an honest reply. The opening credits are in English except for the main title. It goes from "A Steven Spielberg Film" to "Harrison Ford starring in" to "Indiana Jones Und Der Letzte Kreuzzug".

Doug

Comment

Thanks Doug, answers everything I wanted to know. You are right about the larger reels required for the German acetate prints. These were still being offered when I re-entered the hobby and my first order from Steve was Vertigo. An acetate print on 7X600' It is noticeably thicker than the poly prints now available. It dId come dual striped with tremendous recording by Lance. Kudos for a fantastic job!

Comment

...I did want to end off by saying all the prints Steve offers now are on POLY STOCK with Dual Magnetic striping! Fewer reels and incredible sound opportunities!

Comment

Last Crusade, polyester print. The real quality is better than in the photos.
                          (taken from a mobile without stabilizer and without quick capture)

Comment

Burton... have you seen one of Steve's film offerings of "You Only Live Twice" in scope? If so how is the soundtrack?

Comment

Hi Steven, I have had "You Only Live Twice" for a couple of years now and it arrived From The Reel Image on Poly stock but with only a main stripe.
                              The Soundtrack is Mono nonetheless has incredible clarity and dynamic tonal range, the source being Dolby Digital. Exceptional Remix on this, one of my favorite Super 8 prints.

Comment

Working...
                              X