The Best of Columbia Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best of Columbia Pictures

A 50 feet film Highlights on one reel sound with have 7 Titles Lawrence Of Arabia Cat Ballou White Line Fever Tommy Closes Encounters Guns of Navarone The Deep
    on the front of the box it shows a picture of Taxi Driver and Bye - Bye Biride but no footage Color still nice has anyone else got a copy of this

Edward,

It sounds like your print has much better color than mine! Could you post a few screen shots?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Best of Columbia  146.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.1 KB ID:	13280

Comment

What a great little reel! It reminds me of Marketing films Star Trek the Motion Picture 400ft reel, which was really just a coming attraction reel.

Comment

Certainly is the best of Columbia. The Guns Of Navarone, The Deep, Lawrence and Close Encounters. i did have The Deep 400ft nice print when originally bought and plenty of screenings

Comment

This short promotional reel includes the following brief scenes:

The Columbia Pictures logo (Torch Lady)
          White Line Fever - Jan Michael Vincent is on the CB announcing he and his new truck "The Blue Mule" are in business and then he swerves to avoid an oncoming truck.
          Guns of Navarone - Very short dialogue between Gregory Peck and Anthony Quayle.
          Cat Ballou - A few quick shots of Jane Fonda's hanging scene while the title song plays.
          Lawrence of Arabia - 2 shots of Peter O' Toole. He yells "No prisoners! No prisoners!"
          Tommy - Tina Turner as The Acid Queen sings "If your child ain't all he should be now, this girl could put him right,"
          The Deep - A Moray Eel attacks diver Nick Nolte, who drops his camera and the flash keeps going off.
          Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Carey Guffey says goodbye to his alien friends and the mothership takes off.

Each film's actual title sequence is shown very quickly before each clip. There is no narration.
          It's a fun 2:45. Too bad my print has completely faded.

Doug

Comment

My own favourites are The Deep and Close Encounters both of which I put to Stereo some years ago. It's worth moving the shots around in CE to make a little more sense

Comment

I have to agree with you on that Lee. Though i would have to add J L Thompson's splendid Guns Of Navarone.

Comment

Working...
              X