Winning The West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning The West

Winning The West - 1946 - Colour - Mighty Mouse cartoon - 7 minutes - Ken Films release

Colour = Faded, no side marking but no doubt it's Eastman Color
    Sound = Very Good
    Box = As new

The Indians are having a war dance, the Chief calls a halt as he can hear wagon wheels. A scout is sent out on horseback and returns with the news that there is a wagon train approaching. The Indians muster for an attack. The wagon train forms a circle and the occupants fight back. Help comes from General Custer. An arrow knocks him off his horse. The same happens to Daniel Boone, then Stonewall Jackson. Buffalo Bill also gets the same treatment, although he was riding a buffalo. Things are getting dire. The commentator gets worried. But he brightens up to announce the arrival of Mighty Mouse. Things now change dramatically. Mighty Mouse wins the day as the Indians are turned into cigar store wooden Indians. By the way, the Indians are cats, and the wagon train settlers are mice.

Terrytoons had quite a long history from 1942 to 1961. Some are better than others. This is one of the better ones, although we do have to wait some time for the arrival of Mighty Mouse. The box is a substantial two-piece with a great illustrated cover in full colour with scenes from the film. I much prefer these boxes to the one-piece boxes.

I enjoyed this film. Even the Eastman Color tinge did perhaps make it look like the Old West.

Maurice

Depending on when and what film lab did the prints, you could end up with some pretty good color. I have a print of "Frankensteins Cat", and it still looks good. But sadly, most were printed on quick fade Eastman.

Comment

Working...
    X