No announcement yet.

Jurassic Park 600ft Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually folks I am looking forward to a certain "forum member" who mentioned bringing round his digest print of the Jurassic Park, so we can see it .

Regarding Jurrasic Park the movie itself, they did screen here, about a month or so ago at our local Reading cinema, and of all the movies of late, this one in particular did really well, even after all those years its still very popular.

Comment

Good point , Bill Phelps .
      In fact , I even requested collectors what they would like to see released in another thread and only received one message !!!
      But they were the lucky " one " because I plan to release their request in 2021 .

Comment

You are quite right, Bill. One of my personal "gripes" has been the almost total concentration on super hero films and other modern films that I have absolutely no interest in. When I have approached those actually involved in releasing new materials, I'll put forth cartoons, for instance, that are great, not just to me, as well as rare, not found in any format, which would bring up they're value further, and they don't want to do them and then, for some odd reason, they'll release some other fairly common cartoon. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Interesting reading although my own interest for new releases is a little bit more enthusiastic and historically we for the best part in the 70's ordered new film prints not well used ones.

I as others have done have hopped off the used film merry go round mainly and with respect from the more recent new wave of 'retro' home film dealers. So often we get our fingers burnt and its impossible to check out a 40 year old S8 film remotely certainly with THE BAY. Yes I do buy the odd used film but not so often now as we have seen a great opportunity to put however few pounds we have spare into new film prints printed up on excellent print stock.
          Having been into this wonderful interest for decades some of us have even seen the same print pass our eyes back and forth more than once!

Of particular interest are the REEL IMAGE films such as the Bond reels, BTT Future promo and the Indiana Trl reel to name but a few. Now we have another batch from another dedicated movie enthusiast and for my generation JP is one of those the family used to love and still do. Amazingly we can recreate to a point that 1993 moment at the Cinema watching genius at work and now even on a motion picture screen at home even with a simple Super 8 sound projector.

21st Century Super 8 HID projection is now reel, sorry real. Pristine new quality prints from a well maintained lab, projectors being upgraded to HID lighting, good magnetic striping services and a growing choice of titles.

I've got to see Super 8 at its best and to be honest as a media pro for 40 years I'm hard pushed to watch a pink scratchy film and certainly wouldn't project one to a visiting audience. Just me I know but that's the way it is here.

Getting back to Jurassic Park.
          It's being projected today at a local cinema again and when we get home from that screening we let off the new DINO MITE firework and watch the S8 again. I spoke to the cinema manager who explained it has done really well for that particular chain helping keeping them going and that is good news.

CARRY ON PROJECTING FRIENDS :-)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	WDD &&.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	19417

Comment

Hi Bill. No, I’m not a digest fan. However, this looks fantastic and David is to be commended for his work with it.

Comment

Thanks , Michael O'Regan !

Comment

Just received my copy today...already had the graphics so over the weekend I made my boxes for them (Curse of the Werewolf also) Just finished cleaning and screening. Can't really say more than what has already been said other than...Fantastic! I am very pleased with the print. Picture quality was top notch and the sound was just excellent. Really worth it if you get a copy, you won't be disappointed. I waited a while to get mine but it was worth the wait. Here are some more screen shots to add to this thread. Please forgive the round coffee table base at the bottom right of the pics....I am always moving things around in the film rooms!

Name:	IMG_8119[1].JPG
Views:	581
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	24286

Name:	IMG_8125[1].JPG
Views:	553
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	24287

Name:	IMG_8126[1].JPG
Views:	546
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24288

Name:	IMG_8127[1].JPG
Views:	536
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	24289

Name:	IMG_8130[1].JPG
Views:	537
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	24290

Name:	IMG_8131[1].JPG
Views:	543
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	24291 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8132[1].JPG
Views:	541
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24292

Name:	IMG_8134[1].JPG
Views:	534
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24293

Comment

Wow !!!

Comment

Very good screenshots that really show off the color. I had the earlier impression that it is full frame, those screenshots make it appear slightly letterboxed. Is this true? I must admit, I am getting tempted to either get a good used copy or a brand new!

Comment

Most of it is full frame...some of the effects shots are letterboxed/black bars top and bottom.

Comment

Congratulations, Bill...!
                        Great job, David!📽✨

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Phelps View Post
                          Most of it is full frame...some of the effects shots are letterboxed/black bars top and bottom.
                          Thanks for that info Bill. I have not seen that mentioned before in any of the earlier JP posts or threads

Comment

It's similar in that respect to Derann's Gremlins release. Some of the SFX shots were slightly letterboxed in that one also. To me, it is barely noticeable.

Comment

Your boxes are beautiful, Bill !

Comment

In short its REEL
                                Yes indeed well done with the art. With everyone making own art it shows how much appreciated and treasured JP is on 8. Wished a few friends were still around to enjoy it always a fave movie. Top choice David!

In Great Britain we have a comedy show that spoofs classic blockbusters. Aka Keith & Paddy Jurassic Park it was repeated over Christmas, after which we retreated to the cinema to watch the 600ft. Great night with the Elmo projector enjoying the top print quality and stereo. The opening thumps my Mission speakers! Never heard any S8 print with such a rigid bass

Comment

Working...
                                X