„ROCKY“ The Derann Full Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• „ROCKY“ The Derann Full Feature

What is more amazing? The story of Sylvester Stallone’s fight for taking his screenplay to the screen or the story of „Rocky“ himself who fights for making his dreams come true? Anyway, it’s an iconic movie which needs no description or explanation. This well-acted and superbe directed movie is an icon in film history.
    This amazing Derann release is full frame with very good colours, great sharpness and a nice contrast.
    The original negative takes some sparkles here and there into the perfect image and so it would be interesting to know how many prints had been done of this title and if there are prints which are completely free of little disturbances?
    My print is free of lines or scratches and has the german dubbing on the mainstripe and the original version on the balance stripe. And both mono sounds are very rich and very good.
    This feature will never lose its touching and exciting magic and belongs onto the big screen.
    The photos aren’t that perfect... but for that my camera is to blame!

Great Review Oliver! I saw this in the Theatre 3 rimes when it came out. I'm a big fan of Boxing Films and this is a good one. Has touches of "Somebody Up There Likes Me" in the story line and the main character.
    Your Derann print looks great too! One to be on the look out for.

Comment

Nice review Oliver! I also had the Derann print and saw the film in the theater when it was released. I was a fan of Stallone's earlier smaller roles, and when I saw ROCKY I knew it was special. It looks like your print still has good color. I thought all of the super 8 prints were on low fade film stock by this time, but I know there are also faded ones...

Comment

Love "Rocky" Oliver!!! I never get tired of watching that movie. Your print looks great and so do your screen shots. What a great film to have in your collection. Thanks for the review and sharing the screen captures.

Comment

Hi Oliver, you are fortunate to have this print in your collection. What I am interested in learning is what film stock is your print is. Is it Eastman LPP or Agfa?
          ​​​​

Comment

Hi Burton
            There are no letters or numbers between the perforation holes although there should be some, shouldn’t they?
            Can I find a hint somewhere else on the material?

Comment

Sorry Oliver for the late reply. It should be there in the sprocket side of the track but sometimes you can barely see light orange letters for LPP, Purple for Agfa. They may even be obscured by the balance track if it's a good one. I look at mine on my Goko viewer/editor but there are some prints I have yet to find the markings. If you can't find out, no matter. It is a Best picture winner and a Great Print from your collection!

Comment

Working...
              X