Gilda full feature on Super 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilda full feature on Super 8

I see there is no review of Gilda even on the archive except for digests. I have acquired the full feature but so far have only seen it on my editor. Once examined for damage, splices and given a Filmguard treatment a review will be forthcoming. It looks to be a Columbia Feature release or Jef films as he did offer a limited release.

Burton,

Columbia released for the U.S./Canadian market quite a few F/L titles, I remember "Born Free" and "Only Angels Have Wings" as 2 examples, I guess "Gilda" might have been one of them too!

Comment

Here was one for sale lost month did you buy it

Gilda (1946) Super 8 Magnetic Sound Feature Rita Hayworth & Glenn Ford Exc Cond. | eBay

Comment

Wow what a catch Burton! Gilda is certainly an iconic noir, I had no idea that Columbia had released a full length super 8 print. Hope your print is as excellent as most of the Columbia S8 prints were.
        Looking forward to your review.

Comment

Thanks Paul, It seems the Columbia Super 8 Feature releases are ALL hard to come by! I have Dr. Strangelove and and On The Waterfront. Both of those were Private sales. I Hope to have the Gilda review ready by next weekend.

Comment

I once had the Columbia 400ft digest of Gilda. It was a really good print, very sharp with excellent contrast, and deep blacks. Hope this bodes well for Burton's feature length print.

Comment

Working...
            X