Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuart Budd
    replied
    The good thing is that in 20-40 years I can sell the colour shifted prints I got from Dave for silly money and get some new prints off him at a great price 😊

Just have to get those cataract done

Leave a comment:

• Winbert Hutahaean
    replied
    As B/W on color stock is actually a color print with black and white color only, then it could have a risk of color shifting during the process, I guess

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    I'm just so grateful to have this title and a very good edit in my collection. I never even thought about what film stock it was printed on its just a superb edit, crisp to view and a investment for the future as with all the new releases.
    Thank you Dave for bringing this piece of cinematic magic to our front rooms.
    Guess if the thought had crossed my mind I would have chosen a poly print but obtaining the title was more a priority.

Slightly off topic.
    Probably 50% of my 50 year old collection is Acetate B&W which I truly love, but by today's bench mark standards look so soft and lackluster up against the new prints it does make them a little hard to view sometimes. The old prints for me are pretty much a nostalgia trip but my goodness the new films on offer knock spots off the lot and that includes Star Ws.

Kong VS Godzilla also sits nicely with this film and in color and Stereo. Just enjoy the movies folks!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Taffis
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post
    That Winbert is a VERY GOOD question. I don't know. Supply Chain? Or just so little interest in Super 8mm B&W stock? I would prefer a movie that is supposed to be be black and white printed on B&W stock. IMO.
    I agree Philip! Even though some really don't care. From what I understand B&W stock is in short supply at this time and also costs more than color film stock.

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    You know , I don't really care as long as I can get it.

Leave a comment:

• Philip Hamilton
    replied
    That Winbert is a VERY GOOD question. I don't know. Supply Chain? Or just so little interest in Super 8mm B&W stock? I would prefer a movie that is supposed to be be black and white printed on B&W stock. IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Winbert Hutahaean
    replied
    Why there are two kind of stocks for the same print? Does Kodak no longer make the B/W stock?

Leave a comment:

• Philip Hamilton
    replied
    Just got my GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS print and love it! Yes, mine is on Color stock as well. Thanks DAVE FILMS for producing this! Love the Godzilla roars and destruction on the trailer after THE END.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Norton
    replied
    No complaints here, it is a fantastic print!
    One of the very best!

See it on the big screen, 2pm, at the Blackpool Saturday Cinema. Free admission!

Something extra special !

See this fantastic new release as never before, with a fully remastered stereo sound track featuring added music & enhanced sound effects.
    Songs include The Coffin Dance, Japan (Ghosts), Sarah ( Tokyo Town) & the exotic sounds of Martin Denny.

Not to be missed!

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    All new prints produced will be on Kodak Poly color stock

Leave a comment:

• Mark Norton
    replied
    My print is on colour stock.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    It is a nice one Stu. As a kid I never had time to enjoy these gems so for me its great to have the opportunity now and to such high quality as well. My wife is also enjoying the new releases as they are quite different in the UK.
    Anyway, time for me to switch on the Elmo for tonights show.

Leave a comment:

• Stuart Budd
    replied
    I'm actually watching Mothra. But much looking forward to Godzilla King of the Monsters. I personally think the cut down may be better than the full length. I do like the monster!
    Anyway, great review but must get back to Mothra. Seems to be swimming towards trouble!

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Well done Doug. Very nice print quality and Kodak B&W stock shines beautifully as well.

In recent years we have seen some fab new film prints and it continues thanks to Steve O and our David. A job well done.

I'm looking into keeping a healthy stock of new S8 imports on the shelf as part of my small UK media business as we ease from the Virus and will post details as I develop them including my 2021 film fair.
    Watch this space or screen!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Burton,

I wanted to make sure you saw that David answered you in another thread where you also asked this.

His answer? This print is on acetate b/w stock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X