Texas Chainsaw Massacre Iver 4x 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre Iver 4x 400

Comments 2-10 were in a recent sale thread and I felt they might be useful here. There is also an earlier review that Tom mentions below.

I got my print from Derann 12 years ago . I was impressed how the gore was not edited.

Comment

Texas Chainsaw Massacre feels like a film that is scarier and more immersive on a small format like 16/S8 film with some wear on it!

Comment

I believe that it was shot on 16mm, I think it states so in the making of feature on the Blu Ray or in the commentary.

Comment

Yes, it has, in my opinion, an almost documentary sort of feel. Does anybody else kind of get that kind of "vibe" from it?

Comment

If I remember correctly it was shot on 16mm reversal stock with a view to improving the quality of the 35mm blow-ups.
            So the story goes Tobe Hooper felt the audience didn't pick up on the humour in amongst the raw terror, the result being Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 went the other direction becoming a comedy.
            I saw this in London at the PCC a couple of years back. It truly is one of the most intense horror films ever made, the final scene is incredible

Comment

...Search the archive for screenshots of the full version of this release! I was surprised!

Comment

I have the last 600ft on one reel bought at a BFCC but haven't projected it for a while. I'll have to get it out to check the colour.

Comment

A title i have with no lines.
                  For a lot more information on this title look at the earlier reviews here, look at Hugh Thompson Scott's items within page two of the review as he has the much rarer 5 x 400ft version which is full length, the 4 x 400ft version, (my version, and the more common release) was slightly edited. Oddly enough, Deranns 400ft version which was around 350ft, did contain a short scene not in the 4 x 400ft version, Ivers full 400ft version (which i have never seen) does contain all murders, where as Deranns, omits the first two.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...4;t=000012;p=1

This was my very first ever full feature length film purchased new, it cost me £99 + postage and is now 42 years old and still has very good colours.
                  There is a review of my own print with screenshots elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
                    I have the last 600ft on one reel bought at a BFCC but haven't projected it for a while. I'll have to get it out to check the colour.
                    Brian you must have the 600ft from the 2x600ft I have, mine ends where Leather Face is chasing the blonde through the woods, the two parts I have are in brilliant condition and the colour is very good, if remember it starts with the Bryanston logo.
                    I haven't been on the forum for a good while, but I still look in, I have been in a bad place firstly my wife had breast cancer, then our youngest son lost his 10 year battle with cancer melanoma he was 33 years of age, it hurts so bad.

Comment

Steve,

My deepest sympathies. I am so sorry for what you and your family have gone through.

We are grateful to have you back on the Forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X