New Films Pluto Sheep Dog and Tokyo Mater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Films Pluto Sheep Dog and Tokyo Mater

A couple of new S8 film prints just arrived and available from REEL IMAGE.

TOKYO MATER
    This is a entertaining Pixar short which will entertain young and old alike featuring the Cars characters in a colorful romp and I mean color. Probably one of the most vibrant cartoons we have had on our screens for many a year along with stereo sound its full of action and very entertaining.
    Excellent print and sound.

PLUTO SHEEP DOG
    Nothing like a bit of Pluto to liven up and show and this is a great 1949 cartoon where poor old Pluto has to protect his sheep against a comical Coyote.
    This cartoon was restored a few years ago in this is the fully restored release making it somewhat unique on 8, even a first perhaps.
    Very nice print again and entertaining.

More new releases on the way so it only gets better!

Some screenshots, please!

Comment

I'm sure we had Tokyo Mater shown at Blackpool, I agree it is excellent.

Comment

Screenshots would be handy.

Comment

Mike I'd love to see some screen shots of all the new prints you have purchased in 2021

Comment

Lee, if there were releases that interested me and I was into buying titles in abundance I would be more than happy to review those films and supply numerous screen shots from my mere iPhone.

You, however seem to be a hardcore cinephile , sole cheerleader and source for most of these new releases. Considering there are no other way of collectors seeing what these releases look like prior to their purchase it is a reasonable request to supply screenshots with the reviews of these new film releases.

Inclusion would be guaranteed to increase sales and interest leading to reducing costs for all collectors maybe something Dave Films and Steve O could take on board.

Comment

I do that

Comment

Hi Mike. In my case I'm just enthusiastic and try to help things along if I can in a positive let's make it happen way thats all. The guys put so much time and money in for the love of S8 they deserve any assistance we can offer.

Good new releases get screened at the film events once again and when allowed I've had visitors calling for a brew to see new films prior to ordering as some others do. We welcome anyone here.

You are right about my love of film particularly with Super 8 quality so high now.

Have a good Christmas and good health in 2022
                God bless us all everyone!

Comment

Dave has explained this repeatedly, but, unfortunately, there are so many, sadly, extra, necessary steps to actually getting these prints to us, due to the unfortunate lack of facilities to get these made. One lab, one striping service, inspection of prints, image as well as stripe, before the prints can even be recorded. I wish that it was cheaper myself, but, as Jimmy Durante used to say ... "Thems the conditions that prevailed!"

Comment

Working...
                  X