New Release available now! CHRISTMAS TRAILER REEL #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Release available now! CHRISTMAS TRAILER REEL #2

In the middle of of a two year pandemic those of us who love our Super 8 so much have continued to push forward against the odds making the movie magic happen and believe me its hard work done just for the love of film for all concerned.

CHRISTMAS TRAILER REEL #2 Available exclusively from THE REEL IMAGE.
    200ft reel Color and Stereo Sound.

Last year those of us who buy new prints for our collections so welcomed Christmas Trl Reel #1 particularly as film collectors had been devoid of new titles for Christmas collections for many a year, but this all changed in 2020.
    Now we have number 2 available which is a welcome addition and contains some excellent daysets and trailers as follows.

The reel opens with a recent Odeon animated dayset opener which is great and modern of course. We also have a ABC Cinema dayset explaining the cinema is equipped with 1970's sound equipment. This is of special interest as during a Super 8 film I was making about the demolition of my beloved ABC haunt I watched the projection room get knocked down and reels of film with it. During the demolition teams lunch break I was briefly allowed to rescue a couple of small tin cans which film material and very kind of them in-between my own film making. This stereo dayset is included in the 200ft reel and a nice little memory on screen for me at least.

Trailers on the reel are...
    Home Alone 2 which is a delightful piece of seasonal fun, colorful and action packed as you would expect.
    Jingle All the Way This is a Terminator style opening so just a little bit unique with Arnie looking menacing before the seasonal comedy starts.
    Christmas Carol 3D A bit special this as its the FLAT 3D trailer animated gem with Jim Carrey doing the voice for Mr Scrooge so very well.
    New Years Eve. A nice way to end you Christmas show with a New Year trailer which may well be a first for Super 8. It has some lovely shots of New York all fully lit up and Times Square. A great film with all star cast.

Attached are a few mobile shots from the side of the screen but these do not do justice to the S8 look film print with is very good indeed.
    As we all know Super 8 movie film has a great organic look unique to it and it only on the small gauges.

Print A Stereo Sound A+ Projected on a Elmo GS1200 fitted with a F1 Prime lens.

I'm pretty certain we will be seeing a Number 3 reel in 2022 🎅

Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeA1 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	50361 Click image for larger version  Name:	Jingle 1 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	50363 Click image for larger version  Name:	CC2 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	50364Click image for larger version  Name:	NewyE1 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	50365
    Attached Files

Lee, they look like a good bunch of trailers. My favourite would be Disneys A Christmas Carol. As regards the picture quality, your screenshots look sharp, but colour biased towards yellow and blue is this the case?

Comment

Copy of release on eBay. No running times.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275087358124

Comment

Nice Super 8 film quality and new at that. Off screen images via mobile phone are only a rough guide.

Those reading this who ordered at first opportunity will have the advantage as Kodak have as of 2022 increased raw stock film prices by up to 20%. This is due to supply problems in 2021 which has affected global trade as we all know.

This reel should really be sold under the banner of a great value reel. 4 excellent trailers, daysets and ending in a special message from Santa what more could anyone ask for.

Comment

Boy, I am glad that I bought JAWS and Jurrasic Park when I did, but then, the only sure things in life are death, taxes ... and inflation.

Comment

It's bad luck if a Kodak price rise is coinciding with the lab needing to buy new stock, because I thought the minimum order was so substantial that each one would last for several years - hence the old (and somewhat yellowish) acetate stock was in use long after polyester became the norm.

Comment

Sadly rarely do raw materials go down in price, car parts everything.

I'm grateful to have received some good feedback about this reel which I have passed onto Reel Image who continue to invest and support 8mm for we who buy new films. Having good projection equipment is probably 75% of what we see on screen and I fell for that f1 prime lens in the gs1200 a few decades ago delivering the goods every time.

For this household the new Christmas reels have given us much joy in darkened times over the last couple of years so we tip our seasonal hats in thanks.

Work on Christmas reel #3 is underway and can confirm it is most certainly going to be available.
              Full content will be revealed a little later on.

Please all have a good healthy new year and enjoy your films new or old.

Comment

Working...
              X