• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Trailer Reel #2

Christmas Trailer Reel #2
    200ft Color
    The Reel Image

OK, so Christmas 2021 has just passed, but here is a brand new release from Steve Osborne at The Reel Image – his second Christmas Trailer Reel. I received my print a couple of days ago and the good news is that it’s even better than the first 3 trailer reel which was released last year! This time we get four trailers plus some little extras.
    The reel opens with an ad for Odeon Cinema’s, followed by an ad for Dolby Stereo Sound Presentation. Then we get four top notch trailers – Home Alone 2, Jingle All The Way, Disney’s A Christmas Carol, and New Years Eve.
    The print quality is very good. Nice and sharp throughout, although color is perhaps a little muted. All the trailers and intro’s are in stereo, and the sound quality is excellent
    All in all this full 200ft reel makes a great opener for your next Christmas film show.

CONTENT A
    PRINT QUALITY B+
    SOUND (STEREO) A
    HIGHLY RECOMENDED ****

Yes, received my print here in the UK yesterday.

I agree with that review Paul. A very nicely put together, entertaining 200 ft reel, liked the Ho, Ho,Ho, added at the end.

Comment

Nice review Paul.

Yes this is a fantastic reel. If you liked Christmas Trailers #1 then this is just as good and contains more footage and is excellent value for money.

I would also say this is only possible due to the hard work, dedication and expense from Lee Mannering, Steve Osbourne, Alberto "Mr Stripe" and the person recording the prints. Also not forgetting the German Lab which makes all this possible.

The Odeon advert is nice and modern and has to be said is difficult to focus if you don't manage to focus on the countdown numbers so maybe a good idea to put a different reel on first. The Dolby Stereo information has some wear but this is to be expected given the age of it, a welcome addition not available on other advert reels.

I agree all four trailers are excellent. The Christmas Carol trailer features some brilliant flying scenes but my favourite has to be New Years Eve which is the longest of the four and features some lovely shots of New York lit up and an all star cast. It is also a film which I had not heard of before possibly due to the mixed reviews the film received at the time and the lack of TV broadcasts in the UK, but it's great to have this trailer and want to see the full feature sometime.

Overall an excellent release from The Reel Image, nice and sharp throughout with top notch stereo sound. A reel to be repeated again and again. It's fantastic we now have 2 reels of Christmas Trailers and there might be more to come .

Cant wait until next Christmas .

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	54762 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	54763 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	54764 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	54766 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	54767 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	54765 Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	54769 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	54768 Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	54770 Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	54771 Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	54773 Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	54772 Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	54774

Graham S
      Last edited by Graham Sinden; February 18, 2022, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I really do applaud all these new releases, but I am sure that l am not the only one who would like to see a "Christmas Trailer Reel", but with the classic Christmas Films that we have loved for generations.

Comment

Bless you all it makes it worth all the collective effort. The sound track was carefully mixed within professional sound software specifically for this reel and I believe that may be a first on 8. You will notice reasonably high levels to minimise background hiss if you have a print dubbed in the UK for instance.

The Christmas trailers came along at just the right time cheering collectors up in a pretty grim couple of years and I know like me many often watch them. You'll be pleased to know number #3 has been in process to make sure it sees light well before December but do keep in mind it takes a good few months to make the magic happen.

Support the forthcoming releases if you are able and the new print movement will continue to grow.

Comment

The images look fantastic. Perhaps I should purchase a reel!

Comment

This is the official box label supplied by Steve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220305_0002.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	55670

Comment

Wishes do come true for those who believe Graham 🎄

Progressing nicely with Christmas Trailer reel #3, I will be posting final content shortly and even I'm so looking forward to having a print!
                Really nice to see the love for these reels and to think it came from just the simple idea of a seasonal combo reel. Thank you to those who are buying them and guess you will all agree what excellent value they are.

Comment

Excellent cover artwork from Steve, a lovely Christmas feel to it. I would also add the Home Alone 2 trailer is very sharp and looks wonderful on the big screen. I believe Macaulay was paid $4.5 million for this sequel, a big jump on his wages for the 1st Home Alone movie .

l'm sure Christmas Trailers #3 will also be good and looking forward to adding that to the first 2, and might even be available sooner than even I expected. We'll done to everyone involved.

Graham S

Comment

Working...
                  X