Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winifred Atwell + 1969 Pathe News Derann Standard 8 (regular)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winifred Atwell + 1969 Pathe News Derann Standard 8 (regular)

Oh turn the clock back to early 1970 when Derann Films released this great 200ft reel and just a little bit special for fans of old black and white movies.

Winifred was my mums favorite pianist as she was very joyful to watch play and great at the keys. In this reel she plays a couple of numbers but perhaps more interesting is the sequence comes from the Frank Randle Mancunian feature Its a grand life. Frank does pop up in this reel and of course Derann also released the full feature also staring Diana Dors. I acted with Diana in the 70's in Just William and having the feature asked her what Frank was like to work with. A very sweet lady she told me 'Oh he was a naughty man'...I was a child at the time.

The rest of the reel is part of the 1969 Pathe news including GV Emett and his flying machine which later appeared in colour on S8.

A nice nostalgic reel and a decent print as well. Sound quality was very good indeed particularly for a vintage 8mm release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winat.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	55909

Winnifred opened a hairdressing salon just a down the road from where I live. It had a door handle in the shape of the "other" piano (an upright). It didn't last long and became a plumbers merchants (Still with that door handle) unfortunately it got burnt down in the 1981 Brixton riots. I did like her piano playing and her smile.

Comment

Working...
    X