Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiders of The Lost Ark - (Scope Feature)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders of The Lost Ark - (Scope Feature)

STORY SYNOPSIS

His name means heart-pounding adventure! With the crack of a whip there is death defying stakes! The globe trotting archeologist that races around the clock to discover the ultimate wonders of the world! That name is.... Indiana Jones in 'Raiders of The Lost Ark'!

While he may be after fortune and glory, Indiana Jones takes up the task to stop his rival René Belloq and the evil Nazis from discovering the Well of The Souls and finding the location of the lost Ark.

PRINT

Put together on three 800 ft reels, this acetate print of Raiders is very clean and complete feature with no sprocket damage or emulsion damage outside one line for a couple seconds on reel two.

COLOR/CONTRAST

The color is full and very sharp while watching on my screen! Attached are photos of the overall product. It's hard to put into exact words, but Raiders is a movie that feels right when you're watching it on actual film with your friends and family. Not to say I don't love my 4k copy, but it is a real treat to see on the big screen while the projector whirls away.

SOUND

The sound is Magnetic Stereo and booming through my ST-1200HD! I had the chance to re-record the audio and it is an absolute must for this film. Clean, loud, and immersive as you tag along with Indy as he is chased down by a giant boulder or cracking whips in Egypt!

Thank you for reading my thoughts on this excellent film!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Unknown-2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	58154 Click image for larger version  Name:	Unknown.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	58153 Click image for larger version  Name:	image4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	20.8 KB ID:	58155 Click image for larger version  Name:	Unknown-3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	22.6 KB ID:	58156
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lincoln Thorn; April 10, 2022, 03:17 PM.

I'm glad you liked the film, Lincoln! Actually, I was kicking myself after selling it, but I had no choice at the time. Yes, it is a very nice and sharp super 8 print, looking like a good 16mm and, of course, that Scope image! My only issue with it was the acetate stock, but the print does look better when projected than I remember, so you are most certainly the lucky man! Nice to see the review as well!

Comment

Tiz a top shelf feature and worth every penny. A thing of beauty

Comment

I´m wondering that this Prints are on Acetate. Mine is on Kodak Lpp pre striped Polyester.

Comment

6 X "Raiders of the Lost Ark", Action Figures with Cards & Accessories, so far over $320.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12524790...53.m1438.l2649

Comment

Yes, this specific prints is definitely on yellowish acetate, as I sold it to Lincoln, but fortunately, that yellowishness doesn't appear in the screenshots. I still have a desire to perhaps get a new print of this, but my fear is that if I get a new one, will it suffer from that "smear" effect, as we have seen in the new releases? I have both the Jurrasic Park and JAWS digests and while I like them a lot, I also see some re-occuring smear in the image, and honestly, I wouldn't want to pay as much as it costs to get a new print struck, to also get that smear effect, possibly throughout the print. Others wouldn't notice it, probably, but I would. Lincoln's Acetate doesn't suffer from the dreaded smear.

Comment

Great review Lincoln! This is a true super 8 treasure! I have it too and mine came from a German collector. I re-recorded mine in Dolby Digital Stereo. What a fantastic soundtrack!
              Always great entertainment screening this one.
              If we could all be that young again!

Comment

One "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Action Figure sold for over $700Aust

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-...rdt=true&rt=nc

Comment

Thank You, Lincoln, for this great review.
                  This feature belongs onto the big screen and tops every BluRay.

Comment

Still have my full frame 16mm but the S8 tops it. OK the old 16mm is ancient now and its time to embrace these new beautiful organic prints.
                    I can see a time the only way you are going to see new reel film will be on S8 in the future. Embrace it....

Comment

Working...
                    X