Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day

"Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day"

I understand this particular short film won the 1968 Academy Award, for best animated short film. Based on A.A Milne's original story, this film was released by Derann as the full length 25 minute, exactly 450 foot mounted on a 600ft reel. The Super 8 print is of outstanding quality, both in picture and sound. There are also plenty of musical numbers to enjoy, in particular the "Heffalumps and Woozles" segment.

As for the full story itself of a "Blustery Day", its best to check on the internet for a more full review.

The following screen shots below, are taken from my Super 8 Derann print.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1210997.JPG Views:	22 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	62187
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060572.JPG Views:	22 Size:	86.2 KB ID:	62188
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060575.JPG Views:	22 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	62189
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060579.JPG Views:	22 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	62190
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060583.JPG Views:	22 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	62191
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060586.JPG Views:	22 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	62192
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060600.JPG Views:	21 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	62193
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060601.JPG Views:	21 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	62194
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1060602.JPG Views:	21 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	62195

Marvelous screenshots Graham and what a wonderful print! The real Winnie was a Canadian black bear young Christopher Milne had seen at a London Zoo with his father, later naming his own teddy bear after the real thing...
    that Derann print of yours looks superb!

Comment

Thanks Burton regarding the bear and young Christopher Milne, I would highly recommend watching the blu-ray or DVD of the 2017 film "Goodbye Christopher Robin" Its a real eye opener to the history of "Winnie the Poo", how it came about and the cost of fame of it to his son.

Comment

I agree Graham, smashing 2017 film, and an equally smashing review! I certainly envy you're owning a print of this delightful animated film. Do you happen to know as to how many prints were made of this Disney film? I understand that it was fairly limited.

Comment

Hi Osi

I did a check on the internet site "Wikipedia" and under the home media part, they did mention Derann, and that only 12 copies were ever released onto Super 8. I don't no how true that is, but was surprised to see Derann mentioned.

PS...I had a look through some of my old FFTC this afternoon, in issue No 34 summer 1996 there is the review of the Derann Super 8 release of "Winnie the Poo and the Blustery Day" the price tag of a new print was 79 pound, and that was listed 1996.

The film was still listed new in the Derann sales Catalogue for 2006-2007, the price tag from 2004 as 89 pound. I am surprised that the film was available for at least 11 years, so I am not sure why it might be considered rare, unless very few copies were bought at the time I guess.
          Last edited by Graham Ritchie; June 27, 2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Perhaps someone could ask Ged how many they printed, either on Facebook or at Blackpool this year.

Comment

Fantastic screen shots there Graham! Looks like 35mm on my lphone!😊

Comment

Watched my print last night, it is one of Derann’s best prints.

Comment

Working...
                X