• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES - New Release

REEL COLLECTOR FAVOUTITES
    DORUN FILMS

200ft SOUND FLAT

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	70898

Here have a fantastic new release REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES which is a compilation reel of many top films, something for everyone and a reel you want to run again and again. I can’t stress how good this is, excellent picture, sound and content. PLEASE NOTE This is not a trailer reel nor are the clips taken from trailers, but these are full clips from the films. So what’s on this reel...

ANIMATED 70mm IMAX LOGO. A fantastic way to start any show. Quite long and not seen this before, even ends with Super 8 on screen. What more could you want, worth the price for the reel alone.

BUGS BUNNY AND DAFFY WB LOGO. Excellent animated sequence. You will love it. Very sharp.

HOME ALONe 2 . Short clip where Harry and Marv see Kevin in the street and Kevin gives his trademark scream. Brilliantly sharp I swear I thought I was looking at 35mm when I first saw this.

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE. Very short clip then back to HOME ALONe 2 for Main Title.

NATIONAL LAMPOONS XMAS VACATION. Sequence with Chevy Chase stuck in the loft (attic) where he finds a box of home movies and a projector and starts to look back on his old memories.

GREMLINS. Long clip from cinema scene where the Gremlins cause mayhem while watching Snow White. Fantastic shots of the Gremlins sitting in the Cinema, excellent detail shows just how good this new Kodak stock is.

GOLDFINGER. Long clip the brilliant night time car chase. Ends with 007 crashing his Aston Martin.

INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE. Take a look at Sean Connery some 25 years later with the long Motorbike and Sidecar chase. Superb stuff and starts off with the famous theme tune so you know you are watching an Indy pic.

STAR WARS. Short clip with Peter Cushing and Princess Leia where Alderaan is destroyed.

CARRY ON SCREAMING. The famous scene where Kenneth Williams says ‘Frying tonight’. Great to finish on a bit of British humour. The reel closes with THE END title.

CONCLUSION
    This is an excellent reel which is good for any audience. Picture and sound (single stripe) are both truly excellent with very little wear even on the older films. Xmas vacation is slightly ‘soft’ of course compared with the rest but that was the way it was shot originally. Apart from that every clip is ultra sharp and as this is a very recent release there is no sign of the lines that have been present on previous German releases. Exposure (as you can see) is also spot on, the lab has done a really good job here. This reel will also be a good companion for your Xmas shows as 3 of the films are Christmas films (if you can include Gremlins in that). If you are like me once you have projected it, you just want to rewind and show it again. A fantastic full 200ft of film makes for an amazing 10 minutes of Super 8 fun with the quality you come to expect from new releases today.

Forgive my poor screenshots below, the actual projected film is so much better ..

PICTURE A+
    SOUND A+
    REPEATABILITY A+++

Thank you DORUN films, just loving these new releases.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	70899 Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	70900 Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	2 Size:	132.8 KB ID:	70907 Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	2 Size:	145.7 KB ID:	70908 Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	2 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	70901 Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	2 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	70902 Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	2 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	70903 Click image for larger version

Name:	P9OS.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	70924 Click image for larger version  Name:	9A.jpg Views:	2 Size:	121.2 KB ID:	70904 Click image for larger version  Name:	10.jpg Views:	2 Size:	119.3 KB ID:	70905 Click image for larger version  Name:	11.jpg Views:	2 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	70906
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Graham Sinden; December 17, 2022, 02:22 PM.

more screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	70912 Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	70911 Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	70913 Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	70923 Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	70914 Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	70922 Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	70916 Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	70915 Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	70917 Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	70919 Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	70918 Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	70920 Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	70921

Comment

It's too bad that I already have my cash promised to another release. Honestly, if I had the extra cash, I'd go for it!

Comment

A great review of an excellent reel, I’m really pleased with mine, another great super 8 release.

Comment

A lovely detailed review and thank you for taking the time to do it
          So nice to hear of the joy this is bringing to collectors at this time of year. This also includes both of us here as we have watched it several times now along with visitors popping in for a chat and mince pie. All good fun!

​​​​​​​2023 will be another bumper year for new titles so S8 future looks reelly bright.

Comment

How to order?

Comment

Please register for the bcc mail list. Next one goes out New Years Day dorunfilms@yahoo.com

Comment

Great review Graham! Very entertaining reel with great editing and excellent production quality! KUDOS to Lee for his efforts! My only critique: 4K source to Super 8: obvious not from a print source. Otherwise excellent reel!

Comment

So many positive remarks it does show that we can embrace today's quality on 8. 4k has a gigantic file size and next year we may even see 8 mastered from 8K who knows. That's about 16 times tje quality of HD on 8
                  End game, its the final S8 result what matters so we shall push forward with more preserving our cultural heritage the best we can.​​​​​​

As a personal home film showman I love the physicality of projecting using the intermittent. Organic, entertainingly enthralling.

Last edited by Lee Mannering; January 19, 2023, 03:04 PM.

Comment

According to IMDB in a report titled 'Feature Film, Released between 2022-01-01 and 2022-12-31' a total of 13,939 feature films were released in 2022. In another report titled 'List of 2022 Movies shot on REAL Film' only 5 films were released. Non-Digital source material for creating real film from new releases has become very rare.

Comment

So, most of the time when we see film grain in the movie theaters, it's not reel film grain at all? I know that some film makers like to simulate film grain for that "film feel", ironically.

Comment

The latest dune film was shot digitally then scanned onto film, then they scanned the print back out to digital to have the film look.

Comment

How does releasing new Super 8 clips on a reel from freely available full length 4k titles preserve our cultural heritage ?

Comment

I didn't want to be negative on this thread but as Phil has asked the question, i was thinking the same! How does it do this? Why not simply project the 4K as copying a 4K disc must mean, you will only get the quality of a disc and not reel film?

It looks very nice though so well done on this release, but i do prefer to have a film rather than snippets of a film, little bursts like this only tease and then i want to see more knowing that i cant.

Preserving our cultural heritage would surely be, preserving the films in existence. 😉

Comment

Cultural heritage preservation aside, I think this 200 footer would be an excellent way of starting a film show. Similar to kicking things off with trailers, a reel with clips from recognizable films is a nice way to get your audience interested and involved from the start. I've often used montage shorts such as Pieces of Silver, Precious Images and Reflections to begin screenings, so this new release might very well start off CineSea 26's Saturday night show.

Comment

Working...
                              X