No announcement yet.

High Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might have been in the original printing, then. I used to automatically think that an overly bluish caste to the color was due to faulty processing of the film stocks. For instance, the Fantasia 2000 prints, so bluish that I just considered them a loss and sold it on, but perhaps this image quality may have affected all film stocks, or, the original master material was suspect to begin with?

Comment

This is exactly the case of my F/L print "the Sound of Music" from Derann where the Reel # 1 and # 2 have faded to red (it is AG1S) but the two last reels are excellent. I haven't checked on what stocks they are struck. I will report it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Winbert Hutahaean View Post
        This is exactly the case of my F/L print "the Sound of Music" from Derann where the Reel # 1 and # 2 have faded to red (it is AG1S) but the two last reels are excellent. I haven't checked on what stocks they are struck. I will report it later.
        Derann used to sell features to collectors on a reel by reel basis so it is technically possible it is sourced from two film stocks.

Comment

Winbert, this must be something that is more aligned with environment and storage than anything else, referring to your Agfa 1S prints, as your Raiders also developed similar issues as well. I know that it's been talked about B4, but it would make another good go-around on the 8mm section again, as it's just so curious.

Comment

Working...
          X