• Show
Clear All

• New Film TERMINATOR 3 CRANE CHASE SEQUENCE

T3 CRANE CHASE SEQUENCE
    DORUN FILMS
    200ft LETTERBOX MONO SOUND
    11mins approx.

​​ ​

Here we have the latest release from Dorun Films, and what a release. This is the whole of the Terminator 3 The Crane Chase in glorious Super 8 Sound plus a bonus advert.

HISTORY
    Back in 2007 Derann announced that the full feature of Terminator 3 would be available and was asking for buyers to put down £50 deposit to make sure it happened. Well I and many others paid but a short time later this deposit was refunded as Derann had second thoughts about the project and decided not to go ahead. A real shame as Ged had said previously Arnie films were great sellers and this would have fit nicely on 4x600ft but it wasn’t to be. Until now all that has been available from T3 is the trailer in both flat from Derann and a slightly longer Scope version from CHC.

Now in 2023 we now have the Crane Chase sequence all thanks to the hard work of Dorun Films.

REVIEW
    The film starts off with one of those Arnie PPI adverts. I had personally forgotten about those so it is a nice opener. This is the one in Supermarket and lasts nearly a minute. Then we have a very nice Columbia logo. Short titles follow then strait into the film. The extract starts at the point where The Terminator (Arnie) confronts John Conner (Nick Stahl) and tells him he must live and takes him away. We also have a nice shot of the TX Terminator (Kristanna Loken), the most advanced yet, who fires at Arnie. John Connor then manages to get away on his own with the TX going after him but the Terminator soon follows to ensure the TX fails in her mission. What follows is absolute mayhem for the rest of the reel. Non stop crashes, crazy driving, spins, you know it... If you are looking for pure edge of the seat action, this is it. Most probably the best part of T3 and wonderful to have on Super 8. The ending is a bit abrupt I have to say, you just want to see more, but do what I do and rewind and watch it again. The whole sequence is here if you compare the DVD. There is so much crazy action in this extract it makes you want to see it again and again so repeatability is excellent.

THE PRINT
    Let me start by saying this is a very full reel, so full it comes right up to the edge. You might want to remount on a 400ft reel to make threading easier. The print is sharp (as we come to expect from the German labs today) and the colours truly are excellent. Sound is also top notch and loud. Sadly only single stripe but this is of excellent quality and allows for awesome recordings, no dropouts. This film is printed in Letterbox. Also comes boxed with glossy double sided artwork.

CONCLUSION
    If you like Arnie and have a selection of his films on Super 8, buy this and add it to your collection. Only a limited release this so grab it when you see a copy for sale. Amazing action sequence for your audience plus a bonus advert. He said he will be back on Super 8 and he is.

PRINT 10*

SOUND 10*
    REPEATABILITY 11*

Sorry about these poor quality screenshots, but give you some idea.

​​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Graham Sinden; May 21, 2023, 02:21 AM.

​​​

Comment

Graham,

Thank you for your review. This 200 footer seems like a great excerpt.

Comment

Doug for some reason the 'box' picture at the top is not showing on my cellphone and on the pc only appears on low resolution??

Graham S

Comment

Good movie, I ran the 35mm print on its cinema release many times, always enjoyed watching the total destruction in those above scenes, It looked great in Scope

Comment

Graham S.,

During the uploading/posting process 4 duplicate thumbnails got placed separately in that box and were displaying low res. I've deleted those. The remaining 13 pictures are better resolution.

Comment

Thanks Doug.

Here is the box cover again...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	81112

Comment

Working...
              X