• Show
Clear All

• Super 8mm Digests - NEW IMPORTS

Click image for larger version

Name:	films.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	83215
    I wanted to post pictures of the imports that I have obtained over the last 2 years and say a little about each --

STAR WARS 1977 - Presented on a 600' reel and running at approximately 30 minutes this is the digest we all wanted. It has a beginning - a middle - and an end that includes the medal ceremony just before we go to end titles. More importantly this was created from a newly constructed 1977 version of the movie we all saw when it was released. No NEW HOPE. No NEW special effects. And, Han Solo shoots FIRST ! A must have! Super 8 Sound Color on LPP stock.

JAWS 1975 - This is presented on a 600' reel as well and has all the key iconic scenes from Chrissy's death at the beginning to Quint's death at the end with Brody and Hooper headed back into shore. Super 8 Sound Color on LPP stock.

JAWS 1975 - Presented here in a specially edited version that includes what meany have requested - the Ben Gardner "head popping out" scene! Certainly a must have for "complete-ests". It's still not safe to go back into the water..... Super 8 Sound Color on LPP stock.

THE BEAST FROM 20000 FATHOMS 1953 - 200' foot edition but mounted on a 400' reel runs just north of 10 minutes. GREAT EDIT here for a small digest. The movie opens with the lighthouse attack, the attack on NEW YORK CITY, and closes with the amusement park fire. Super 8 Sound B&W on celluloid.

DRACULA 1958 - Hammer Horror doesn't get much better than this! A great 400' digest in full technicolor on LPP stock. Includes the full death scene with parts added back in for the BFI release a few years back. I love this movie as much as JAWS. Never available before in this edit on Super 8 Sound Color on LPP stock.​​

DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE 1969 - Christopher Lee returns in one for the more popular box office version of Hammer's Dracula. Great edit begin with the girl discovered stuffed up in the church bell, we see Dracula pull the stake out of his chest because non believer Paul can't recite a prayer, we get some beautiful roof top action and the finale at the castle where Dracula buys it one more time - turned to dust after being impaled on a golden cross on the ground below the castle walls. Super 8 Sound Color on LPP stock.​​

All prints come from GERMANY with the exception of the 200' JAWS - It was produced in ITALY. Movie Labels above were made by me and affixed to standard white cardboard film boxes.

Check these digests out NOW!!

Re Jaws

I am slightly confused here, so please correct me.
    Apart from the recent 600' release by Dave Baker / Reel Image, there were the Universal releases certainly as a 2x 400' and a 1x 200' (and possibly, though not certain, 1x 400').
    Are you saying that there has been a FURTHER version released recently to include the floating head sequence? I say "recently" because I don't think the Universal releases from all those years ago were on LPP. If that is the case, what length is it and who has released it, please ?

Comment

Yes, the 200ft edit with head popping out was also released. I'd like to get that, personally, and I am REALLY envious, as I like that revamped cover for JAWS, very cool! Gosh, I wonder, if all the work that the Monster Man has done over the last few years were set next to each other, how many releases has he actually released? Absolutely fantastic most Noble Monster Dude!

Comment

So, to confirm, there have actually been TWO recent releases of Jaws ? The 600' and a (2nd) 200' with Ben Gardner's head ?

Comment

Yes, most definitely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, an absolute truth, there have been two new JAWS releases, one incredible 600ft digest, (the stereo recording on this really is incredible for super 8), and a 200ft digest with ... THE HEAD!

Comment

Yes you are correct. The 200' JAWS does include the 'head' popping out. As far as I know at this point I have the only copy.

Comment

HI Philip,

Just curious, does the Jaws 200ft have opening and closing titles or is it mainly just the head sequence. What is the running time roughly? I'm guessing it's single stripe which makes it unsuitable if someone wanted to edit this into a stereo 600ft version.

Graham S

Comment

Graham - the EDIT is 10:45 and is spooled on a 200' reel - very full. Beginning and ending Credits are there but truncated for time.

The EDIT is similar to the original Universal 8 200 but not the same. The Ben Gardner scene comes after Hooper introduces himself to Brody and runs just under 2 minutes.

It has a double stripe I am not sure it was recorded in STEREO since my projector does not play stereo although has a track 1 and 2.

I hope this helps. Thanks!!

Comment

Phillip,

Thank you for that detailed explanation. Interesting that it has 2 stripes, I wonder who did it. Good news all the same.

Graham S

Comment

Philip,

Thank you for posting about these. Nice job on the labels!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Sinden View Post
                      Phillip,

Thank you for that detailed explanation. Interesting that it has 2 stripes, I wonder who did it. Good news all the same.

Graham S
                      Graham - Michele Marino at https://www.cinetecnicamarino.com/ produced the JAWS 10:45 second print. It has two stripes. I believe they are from paste and not polymer material.

All the other prints shown came from ANDEC in Germany. The STAR WARS and DRACULA HAS RISEN have single stripes and were not done by Alberto in Italy. The other ANDEC prnits were striped by Alberto before he started charging for sound recording in addition to the striping....

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                        Yes, the 200ft edit with head popping out was also released. I'd like to get that, personally, and I am REALLY envious, as I like that revamped cover for JAWS, very cool! Gosh, I wonder, if all the work that the Monster Man has done over the last few years were set next to each other, how many releases has he actually released? Absolutely fantastic most Noble Monster Dude!
                        Let me give this a shot -----

As I understand it ---

Jurassic Park 600
                        Curse of the Werewolf 200 (B&W)
                        King Kong vs. Godzilla 200

Godzilla King of the Monsters 600'
                        Jaws 600’
                        Dracula 400’

Beast from 20000 Fathoms 200’
                        Star Wars 600

The Ghastly Love of Johnny X 600
                        Dracula Has Risen From the Grave 400

The following have been EDITED, but are NOT released:
                        JAWS 200' (with Ben Gardner's head!) **
                        Beast from 20000 Fathoms 400’

Curse of the Werewolf 600’
                        Evil of Frankenstein 400’
                        Curse of Frankenstein 400’
                        Godzilla vs. the Thing 400’
                        Godzilla vs. the Thing 200’
                        Mothra 400’

Jason and the Argonauts 400

**The JAWS 200’ release from ITALY was a one-off. Only 2 copies made it out. I have one of them. Dave has the other.

Finally, I believe that Dracula Has Risen will be the last NEW release from Dave but all other prints released above are still available for order. I have no details on that - you should reach out to Dave.

Last edited by Philip Hamilton; July 02, 2023, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Having slowly but surely, gotten to know Dave, well, I bet the Monster Man is going to have some other Monster hits up his sleeve!

Comment

Correction : THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS 400 ft. Is available . Contact The Reel Image at this time , if interested .

Comment

Drac has risen is stunning and full frame, very special.

Comment

Working...
                              X