Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (UFA 1x400)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (UFA 1x400)

I recently purchased this lovely digest of one of the biggest cult hits of the 70s!

STORY SYNOPSIS

A newly-engaged couple have a breakdown in an isolated area and must seek shelter at the bizarre residence of Dr. Frank-n-Furter.

PRINT

The digest for this film, in my opinion, is pretty enjoyable overall as a 400 ft digest reel! All of the best songs are still included and it's edited well enough that it flows from beginning to end! I was smiling and singing along to all the songs.

COLOR/CONTRAST

While some scenes feel a little washed out, especially in the beginning when Brad and Janet are in the rain, the rest of the colors look really great! The pictures are 720 screenshots, so it doesn't do it justice, but it looks really great projected.

SOUND

This print was in Mono but still sounds great playing through my ST-1200HD. There is a soft hum in a couple of the quiet scenes before Tim Curry blasts onto the scene and takes over the film.

All in all, this is a really enjoyable film for your collection to warm up a crowd before a movie night. Everyone in the film acts like they're having the time of their life, and heck, I was too!

Food for thought: How many movies do you find your main characters caught in a rainstorm and happen upon an old creepy mansion with Tim Curry inside? At least 2 with ROCKY HORROR and CLUE!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GG1IWsqXsAAHIb8.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	98901 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 7.58.15 PM.png
Views:	332
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	98900 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 7.56.58 PM.png
Views:	332
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	98899 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 7.57.25 PM.png
Views:	361
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	98898

Lincoln,

Very nice color! Does your print have German audio or has it been re-recorded?

Good point about those Tim Curry films!

Comment

It has the German audio (for now)! I might send it off to get rerecorded in english. I bet it would sound great with this print.

Comment

Some prints were made on Agfa stock (I have one) and have kept their colours very well.

Comment

Is it a case of German dialogue, but the songs are in English? That's sometimes the case

Comment

Rocky Horror has never been dubbed in German

Comment

Here 16mm Print
              16mm Movie Feature "Rocky Horror Picture Show" Cult Classic Film | eBay​​

Comment

Here‘s my review of this little reel, you can activate automatically generated English subtitles in case you would like to watch.

Comment

Working...
                X