X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user, winait questions

Hi,

New user, I purchased last year a Winait 8mm Film Scanner

Reading around (price varies massively) it is probably a wolverine / reflecta model as they all appear the same

The box for mine says 3rd Generation Film Scanner

Its running a firmware called 20171028-DN11P-EN

It came with the software to convert the FPS, but it actually scans in at 20fps natively

Ive done a few films, but I have about 100 to do from the 60s and 70's mostly, all Super 8mm no audio

One of my questions is, would this be a suitable candidate for the Wolverine - Telecine upgrade project, I only want to scan the films in the once (ideally) so would like to have a decent start from the off

as there is nothing short of 8-9 grand after the Winait / Reflecta / Wolverine I appreciated there isnt much I can do short of spending 3 grand for a film house to convert them for me

In terms of tweaking afterwards, ive been experimenting with something called Film9 (which is a front end for AviSynth and Virtual Dub and has presets which seem to work ok (given the source quality)

Thanks for any advice / help in advance

Steve

Hi Steve,
    Although I never tried the mod with Winait, it should work since it is essentially the same as Wolverine.
    Possibly you can try it with an older board.
    You can send me a private message and we can work out the details.

Comment

Working...
    X