Modified EUMIG 820 Sonomatic for 1/4" audio jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified EUMIG 820 Sonomatic for 1/4" audio jack

I couldn't find any sort of compatible adapter here in the US so I decided to add a jack to the audio in order to capture the super8 sound output to my computer. I had to drill a hole in the case and solder the wires to the speaker so that they didn't interfere with the internal workings.
    It give a great sounding capture and I use Audacity software to record and trim/stretch/shrink the audio to match the video that I captured at 24FPS.
    here is the results:
    Last edited by Gregory Oliver; July 28, 2020, 01:22 PM. Reason: norton didn't like my links to the images.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Oliver View Post
      ......I had to drill a hole in the case and solder the wires to the speaker.....
      Gregory

Why did you do that?
      There is a socket for an external speaker on the rear of the projector, alongside where you inserted your new socket.

Maurice

Comment

In case you are not aware of the type, Gregory, that is a DIN loudspeaker socket with one round hole and one oblong and using it will cut off the connection to the internal speaker.

Comment

If you are connecting the speaker output up to a computer or amplifier, don't you need to put a resistor in series to drop the high level signal at the speaker terminals?

Comment

The reason for the mod was to take the audio output to an RCA type jack (like a headphone jack) instead of the existing 2-wire jack already built in. I wasn't able to find an adapter that would work and wanted to leave the existing jack as it was in case I later decide to sell it to someone on the other side of the pond. Drilling the hole was necessary because of the configuration of the 1/4" jack. I take the other end of the cable to a line-in on my PC and get a well modulated sound. Trust me. It works.

Comment

Working...
            X