Goko film editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goko film editor

I have one of the later flicker free versions with motor drive. I noticed that if you record the image on your phone there is no flicker, no matter of the fps. The recorded picture is poor as you would expect. If someone cleverer than me could work out how to capture the image without the editor screen it might be a good way to do flicker free telecine?

I believe the same system as the editor was used for a commercial telecine, referred to by the Dr Who Restoration Team as the "Polygon" it was often used to transfer films made at other than 24/25 fps as well as normal sound speed films but had the disadvantage of blending frames even at 25 fps causing lower quality results. Better electronic control may be able to overcome this though.

Comment

I believe that their tc-20 "telecine" editor is essentially the same thing as ordinary editor. Instead of groundblass on the front just replace that with relay lens to create areial image floating inside the editor.

So in theory yes, that should be possible to modify it to be "telecine" model provided that if we have correct optics (and time, and some know how).

Of course some frame blending is to be expected with all real-time scan setup. That could be of no problem for certain cases.

Comment

Working...
      X