Magnasonic FS81 vs Wolverine F2DMM100 / MM100-PRO and Chinese Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan Jelavic View Post
    Another project that I have is a fully custom machine but that is still experimental and takes quite a bit of work to put it together.
    I'm open to all suggestions, if I can afford them, and I'm not totally opposed to some DIY on the machine builds, but I'm trying to avoid starting up yet another big project. I've already got these films to scan, plus many, many boxes of slides, still negatives, and prints to scan, to sort through all of these old family images...

Any "turnkey" solutions you have to offer or point me to would be interesting, depending on the costs. I loved the plug-and-play idea of the Kodak, but i must say, the compression of the video is pretty intense. Image quality is much more important to me than file size or scan speed. I'm fine with doing some post-scanning processing in Final Cut or whatnot as well...

Thanks again.

Comment

Here is a suggestion. Get the Wolverine scanner from Amazon and see if it will work better than the units that you have.
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785H3FGN/
      If the transport is good then you can go for the Hawkeye mod. That will give you images that have very little or no compression.
      If the Amazon unit is also bad then you can return it.

Comment

Working...
      X